“Perfect Anniversary Visit!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Bay View of Mackinac Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 14 Mackinac Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2007

Just spent a weekend at the BayView for our anniversary. What a wonderful experience! The staff was great! I couldn't do the food justice if I tried, so I will just say one thing...walking in on Friday and smelling the chocolate cake baking for dessert that night sold me right there. I will definitely be back and have told all of my friends about our experience. Great location, beautiful rooms and friendly helpful staff...couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chackba

Reviewed April 27, 2007

Our stay at Bay View was fabulous!! It is such a cozy place to stay! I think the thing that stands out to me the most is the food. For the price of the room you get an awesome FULL breakfast, cookies in the afternoon and a very large dessert in the evening. We actually planned our daily activities around the food...:) The veranda/dining room was filled with sunlight and looked over the harbor, a grassy lawn and Fort Mackinac. If you do not want to eat your breakfast in the dining room they will put it on a tray for you to take back to your room. They offer their own blend of coffee all day for free. We enjoyed it so much we bought some to take home. Everytime I smell that coffee I want to go back.

Everyone was very personable and accomodating. We stayed in their cheapest and probably smallest room. We had A LOT of stuff so we were pretty cramped. They did remove one of the chairs to give us more room and that helped. We had plans to stay 3 nights, but we loved it so much that we stayed an extra night and skipped some of our other vacation activities. I will most definitely return. I want to stay at some of the other places on the island, but I love Bay View so much that I just can't talk myself into trying something new. The next time I go I would like to get a bigger room. I would rather stay at Bay View in a small room than somewhere else where I could get a bigger room for the same price. I really can not say enough good things about it!!!

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank babert
Reviewed November 9, 2006

We had stayed at the Bayview 3 times prior to 2005 and thought it to be a great bed and breakfast in a fantastic location. The 4th time, however, we had a problem in our suite that I won't expand on. We were assured that an adjustment would be made. After several attempts over a year's period to get the promised adjustment we finally gave up. We missed staying at the Bayview this year. (See my review of the Iroqois) Prior to this experience we really enjoyed the great breakfast and thought the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank heavy
Reviewed September 14, 2006

We spent one night at the Bay View Inn and had a wonderful time the staff was very kind and we loved Rosie the cook - the food was delicious from the cookies (hot from the oven) to the great breakfast. We would definitely come again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jarh
A TripAdvisor Member
Lansing, MIchigan
Reviewed April 9, 2006

My husband and I try to go to Mackinac Island twice a year - once in the summer and again at the end of the season, in October. We always stay at the Bay View. The Bay View is not like most hotels that are the same in every city in the world. The Bay View conveys the character of the Island, itself - unique, relaxed, well-cared for, romantic.
The fabrics and furniture in the bedrooms are lovely. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are the perfect size for snuggling in after a day of activity. The large dining room is a pretty place to eat wonderful food, chat with interesting guests and the staff, and linger over a great cup of coffee.
One of our favorite things - reading on the front porch in the wicker chairs, watching the people and the horses ease on by and listening to the bells ring at St. Anne's.
I can't wait to get back to the Bay View.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2005

We spent 3 nights at the Bay View in a standard room. It was elegantly decorated although very small. The bed was comfortable and since we didn't spend much time in the room we didn't mind. Would probably prefer a slightly larger room the next time, however. Rose and her staff were probably the highlight of our visit. The food was outstanding each morning and evening. Considered it a treat to be able to stay in this elegant old home.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank katie3
Reviewed September 18, 2005

Our first-time visit to Mackinac Island was made even more special by the wonderful time we had at the Bay View. The cheery yellow b&b, built in 1891, is conveniently located on Huron Street, making for an easy walk to downtown. Relaxing on the front porch was entertaining because of all the people strolling or bicycling by, and the horse-drawn carriages and taxis made their own unforgettable clop-clop music. Although our standard room was small, it was beautifully decorated with florals and plaids, and we enjoyed being able to see a bit of the lake, plus the steeple of St. Anne's Church, from our window. The third floor deck provided ample opportunities for taking pictures of the harbor and the fort and was a nice place to sit in the mornings and evenings. Without a doubt, the highlight of our Bay View experience was the food. The breakfasts--omelets, quiche, biscuits, fruit, pastries--were very filling and delicious. Freshly-baked cookies every afternoon and yummy desserts at night were served in the lovely dining room which offered great views of the marina and the ferries coming and going. Kudos to the kitchen staff who worked long hours yet remained friendly and pleasant; the housekeeping ladies were very nice, too. We plan to visit Mackinac Island again and will enjoy returning to the Bay View. However, we will take the Arnold Ferry instead of Shepler's because it's closer; also, we didn't appreciate one of the Shepler's employees smart aleck tone when he said "Enjoy your walk" when we told him we'd take our bags ourselves to the Bay View. He and a clerk in a store who literally put her open palm under my nose as I was getting out my money to pay for a sweatshirt were the only negatives to our Mackinac stay, and their rudeness certainly won't ruin the heavenly time we had. We will focus on the beautiful Victorian cottages/mansions, the bicycle ride around the island, the colorful flowers, the Adirondack chairs, the informative and friendly guides on the carriage tour, the views from the West Bluff, walking on the boardwalk at sunset, and the personable lady at the Island Breeze where we bought a print of the Grand Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2005