“Truly One of our BEST and Memorable Vacations Ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Bay View of Mackinac Bed & Breakfast
San Ramon, CA
“Truly One of our BEST and Memorable Vacations Ever!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Best breakfast, incredible desserts every night, quiet and comfy. Gorgeous harbor views, close to town (walking distance) - truly the best place on the Island! We will be back to enjoy Bay View and your wonderful staff. Thanks to Harold - he is the best! Rosie the chef did an awesome job on breakfast; the presentation beautiful; Angie and Arlene happily serenaded us all each morning with familiar tunes!

4 Thank LindaM852

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just wanted to drop you a note to say our recent visit to Bayview (Sept 3 - 7) was wonderful, as usual. We love Mackinac and staying at the Bayview Inn. Breakfast was scrumptious each morning and waking up to the wonderful view of the harbor from the windows of room 201 was all we remembered.

As this was our 4th visit to Bayview, we just can't seem to get enough. Rose and Howard make breakfast a delight. Dessert is always wonderful and a great time to get to know your fellow guests.

Counting the days til we can return...and make no mistake, we certainly will.

Richard & Roxanne Z.
Fort Thomas, KY

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roxanne Z
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I were on the Island and decided to stay another night at the last minute and were lucky enough to get a room. This is "THE" place to stay if you want to relax at a nice, clean comfortable place where they totally pamper you. The view of the lake and the Marina is so amazing, you can relax from the balcony as you watch the different boats pass by. The staff is amazing, they are very friendly and attentive to your needs. The food is outstanding..the evening sweets were an added treat. You are close to town but far enough that you are not disturbed by all the activity. We will go back and stay again..and I recommend it if you are looking for a nice, clean comfortable place to stay that is very affordable.

Room Tip: Second floor with small balcony towards back of Inn allowed for private area to sit and enjoy the wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Karen C
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights and the Bay View the last week in August. Thank you to Becky for making our 25th anniversary extra special. The house is quaint, well maintained, has a beautiful view from the balcony and the dining room. The whole house is decorated in Victorian style which made me feel I was "somewhere in time". The meals were excellent including peach french toast and quiche. The front porch is a wonderful place to sit, enjoy the garden and watch the tourists (and horses) walk by. I would highly recommend the Bay View Bed and Breakfast and be sure to get back home for dessert.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 102. There was no view, but honestly I don't think we needed a view since the...
3 Thank Propjock60
Dimondale, Michigan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in the Harbor Suite and were able to get a discounted rate because we called on the same day we wanted to arrive, and it just happened to be available for that one night. The room was spectacular, and the location of Bay View is perfect! We took the Arnold ferry, which is the closest one to the inn. It is a short five minute walk over to Bay View, which sits right on the water and next to the marina. As previous reviewers wrote, it is right close to town but just a little hop away from the craziness of the hub -- we liked that. The Harbor Suite is on the back corner overlooking the marina and the water and is lined with windows on two sides. I have never stayed in a hotel room with so much natural light! The room has a balcony, which is a little bit tired and not especially great for sitting on to lounge, but nevertheless it was wonderful to be able to step in and out to the fresh air from our room. We did enjoy sitting on the front veranda of the inn, which is a very relaxing spot to watch people go by. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and the evening dessert (served from 8 until 9), and the staff who served us the food was so polite. We would definitely stay here again.

5 Thank CindyInDimondale
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on my first visit to Mackinac Island. We thought everything about our stay was excellent. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was a good size and the location couldn't have been better. I was curious to check out some of the other rooms because I had read some unfavorable reviews on Trip Advisor. I saw approximately 7 rooms. They were all lovely. Some were smaller than others but I did not see one that I would have found unacceptable. I would highly recommend the Bay View.

Stayed August 2012
4 Thank holly1358
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My two girl friends and I stayed in room 302 at the Bay View. It was a girls get-away weekend. We just loved the Bay View. Rose, who is the cook, and her staff made us feel really welcome. The food is wonderful and at 3 pm they serve cookies and lemonaid. At 8 pm they serve a dessert. We never missed any of the eating experiences. We did not spend much time in our room because there is so much to see and do on the island. The rooms are very quaint which is what you want in a bed and breakfast. It is just a two block walk to downtown. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends