“Good prices, and GREAT fudge”

Murray Hotel Lunch & Dinner Buffet
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is the place to eat if you're on a budget. $8 all you can eat pizza and salad bar, with some really good soft-serve ice cream for dessert. The food wasn't spectacular, but it was worth the price. The fudge they sell in the lobby on the other hand, was the best that I tasted. Very creamy, and doesn't disintegrate in your mouth before you have a chance to taste it. Yummy!

Reviewed October 2, 2010

Cheap! Cheap! Not a lot to choose from but it was fresh and good. Scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, orange or cranbery juice, coffee, tea, donuts - fresh fruit included apples and oranges only...I thought there should be bananas.

1  Thank marmarmuk
Reviewed August 10, 2009

The Murray is fine, with it's offerings planned for those visiting Mackinac on a budget. The food is okay, the fudge is the cheapest on the island (much to the dismay of the other fudge companies), although the accommodations are a bit cramped.

Reviewed August 27, 2008

After having splurged on an expensive meal the previous night, my husband talked me into trying the Pizza Buffet inside the Murray Hotel on Main Street. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the pizza was, and the price included salad bar and drinks for ~ $7 per person (kids were cheaper, but I don't remember how much because we don't have any kids). Everything was fresh, and while it was not fancy, it was one of our favorite meals during our trip to the island. I would definitely recommend this place.

2  Thank c_juleski
Reviewed July 10, 2007

A friend of mine went to Mackinac Island over the 4th of July holiday and went to eat supper at the Murray Hotel Buffet. It was one of the worst buffets I had ever eaten, for the food was cold and meager. There was no white meat chicken on the buffet as well. The only redeeming part was the salad bar but it wasn't worth the $11.00 price. I should have asked for my money back.
I would advise no visitor to Mackinac Island to eat at this place.

2  Thank Confederate12