“down to earth”

Mustang Lounge
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to the Mustang Lounge! Mackinac's original year 'round restaurant. We are located on Astor Street in the heart of downtown Mackinac. Come see us for a burger and beer, pizza with the family or enjoy our nightly entertainment. Family appropriate with great food and prices. "Hang at The Stang"
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very nice place. Very welcoming. Good special on the board outside. Reasonable prices for everything else. Good service. Great people. This is a nice relaxing authentic experience. If your looking for tourist-y try someplace else.

TonyMack12, Owner at Mustang Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. We try to be non "tourist-y" and have a great local following because of it. We hope to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Though the Mustang has expanded over the years it still holds a lot of the local charm of the Island and isn't quite so themed as some of the other bars. It's a great place to dance when they have DJ nights.

Thanks for the review. Hope to see you on your next trip to Mackinac!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We are here at Mackinac Island and for the next four days. We brought our little Pomeranian as Mission Point is dog friendly. However, downtown is not right now and yesterday, after touring the whole island on bikes, not one restaurant, even with outdoor patios would let us eat there with him. Eureka!!!!! We found Mustang Lounge! Our server was wonderful and so friendly and kind, especially after being treated rudely and by so many, particularly The Village, who told us we could tie up our dog outside the fence! He weighs 7 lbs!!! We had ice cold beer and the whitefish sandwich was awesome!!! Very reasonable to eat here. I don't understand people complaining about prices on Mackinac Island. Are you kidding me? You go, Tony Mack! I love your replies. We will be visiting your restaurant today and tomorrow for lunch! Thanks for having such a great, cozy place. David and Kelly Shankle Chicago Il. .

TonyMack12, Owner at Mustang Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hi David and Kelly! So glad you had a good experience at the Mustang. It has been our family business for over 40 years and it's folks like you that make it enjoyable. I only wish I would've been able to meet you while you were on the island. I like that you enjoyed reading my responses. They can be painful to write and I often wonder if they work. I guess you answered that question for me! Thank you for your support. It means a lot to our whole family. Shoot me an email sometime. I'd like to keep you guys posted to all of the happenings on Mackinac.

Tony Brodeur tony.brodeur@gmail.com

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A good place when wintering on the Island. One of the places we go to for our New Years Vacation. While it is typical "bar food" it is good quality and the beer is tasty.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just stopped in for a short time while it was raining, but it was an enjoyable visit with a nice selection of draft beer.
It felt like a hometown bar rather than a touristy place. Stop by, I think you'll like it.