“Great service and good food!!”
Review of Mustang Lounge

Mustang Lounge
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to the Mustang Lounge! Mackinac's original year 'round restaurant. We are located on Astor Street in the heart of downtown Mackinac. Come see us for a burger and beer, pizza with the family or enjoy our nightly entertainment. Family appropriate with great food and prices. "Hang at The Stang"
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We are here at Mackinac Island and for the next four days. We brought our little Pomeranian as Mission Point is dog friendly. However, downtown is not right now and yesterday, after touring the whole island on bikes, not one restaurant, even with outdoor patios would let us eat there with him. Eureka!!!!! We found Mustang Lounge! Our server was wonderful and so friendly and kind, especially after being treated rudely and by so many, particularly The Village, who told us we could tie up our dog outside the fence! He weighs 7 lbs!!! We had ice cold beer and the whitefish sandwich was awesome!!! Very reasonable to eat here. I don't understand people complaining about prices on Mackinac Island. Are you kidding me? You go, Tony Mack! I love your replies. We will be visiting your restaurant today and tomorrow for lunch! Thanks for having such a great, cozy place. David and Kelly Shankle Chicago Il. .

TonyMack12, Owner at Mustang Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hi David and Kelly! So glad you had a good experience at the Mustang. It has been our family business for over 40 years and it's folks like you that make it enjoyable. I only wish I would've been able to meet you while you were on the island. I like that you enjoyed reading my responses. They can be painful to write and I often wonder if they work. I guess you answered that question for me! Thank you for your support. It means a lot to our whole family. Shoot me an email sometime. I'd like to keep you guys posted to all of the happenings on Mackinac.

Tony Brodeur tony.brodeur@gmail.com

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A good place when wintering on the Island. One of the places we go to for our New Years Vacation. While it is typical "bar food" it is good quality and the beer is tasty.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just stopped in for a short time while it was raining, but it was an enjoyable visit with a nice selection of draft beer.
It felt like a hometown bar rather than a touristy place. Stop by, I think you'll like it.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We came here as part of pub crawl. Drink not so good! It was just absolute and tonic! Maybe the gun for dispensing? But much to expensive just for drinks!

1  Thank Onthewater47
TonyMack12, Owner at Mustang Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We charge the same amount for a beverage as just about every other downtown restaurant. If there was something wrong with your drink you should have said something. Our staff would've gladly fixed your drink.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Prices and varied menu draw you in. Food is overcooked and reheated. Portions smallish. Beer was $6 for nothing special. Clean?? Atmosphere doesn't exist. You can do better. Keep going down the main drag. Even if it costs more you will enjoy it and won't feel ripped off.

1  Thank PegCl

Our food is all made to order, nothing is reheated. You didn't say what you ate, so this is unhelpful. Portions are huge, and our customers tell us that often. $6 is what we charged for craft or imported beers. That is what you pay on the island and many other cities. It costs a lot of money to get food/beverages shipped here. Atmosphere doesn't exist?!?! We have 200 year old hand logs, great pictures and flat screen tv's. I'm not sure you even stepped foot in our establishment. If I were a prospective customer, I would look to other reviews.