“Another bad meal”

Mustang Lounge
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to the Mustang Lounge! Mackinac's original year 'round restaurant. We are located on Astor Street in the heart of downtown Mackinac. Come see us for a burger and beer, pizza with the family or enjoy our nightly entertainment. Family appropriate with great food and prices. "Hang at The Stang"
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I wrote a bad review last year about the Mustang Lounge but thought I would give it another shot. Well I am sorry to say the place has gotten better. This time the service was good but the food was horrible. Canned tomato soup, processed chicken on the salad my wife ordered. For a $28.00 meal the restaurants cost could have not been $5.00. I never worry about the price of food but a terrible meal with cheap ingredients is what you are going to get at the Mustang Lounge.

5  Thank mssteelers
TonyMack12, Owner at Mustang Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

I'm sorry you feel that way about your meal. Sounds like you didn't give it much of a chance to begin with. Our soups are homemade, our chicken breast for our salads is 100% white meat chicken. And if our food cost was what you dream it to be, I'd be able to retire. Thank you to all of our great customers.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This bar/restaurant reminds me of my favorite dive bar. Nothing fancy, just good drinks and solid food. After splurging earlier in the day for the lunch buffet at the Grand Hotel, we were ready for something laid back and the Mustang Lounge fit the bill perfectly. They've got a great jukebox, the staff was friendly and the food was solid.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff is very friendly. The food is for the most part average bar food. This year's menu lists the house Chardonnay at $12 a glass! It seems overpriced for neighborhood bar quality wine at a local hangout.

2  Thank LaTiDaMI

Sorry you feel that way about our menu. I haven't been to many "bars" that have Parmesan crusted whitefish, Jumbo shrimp caesar salads and homemade spinach and artichoke dip. We happen to have those items, and they are outstanding. Also, our house Chardonnay is $7per glass. You were looking at the napa valley Chardonnay on our menu that is $12 a glass. Thanks!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fried clams were pretty good. Sports on the tvs. Bartenders very nice, made us feel welcome. They have a pool table but we didn't play.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

When you are on Mackinac Island there is one place that you have to go to..The Mustang! My personal favorite Restaurant & Bar. Whether you are looking for some really good food for the whole family or a place to catch the game and have a drink or if you want to dance the night away, the Mustang Lounge is your home away from home.