“The old Bait and Switch”
Review of Stearns Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ludington
Stearns Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed March 20, 2008

The people on the phone were very rude. After I booked my rate, the manager called me back the next day and said she needed to raise the rate because I was quoted the wrong price. She further explained to me that since it was a tournament weekend I would be braceleted and guard checked at the door and my mother couldn't come in the room. The place isn't that special that I would forgo my civil rights to stay there. It is old, smelly, and antiquated. Furthermore, who runs a business where they try to jack confirmed rates over the phone once they have you sucked into staying there.....It should be the stearns motor jail.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed January 10, 2008

This is a hotel in downtown Ludington, a city on the beaches of Lake Michigan in North/West Michigan. Nice tourist city.

It is old. Not charming. I stayed because of the low rate of $39.00 (off summer season rate).

Carpets are very old and dated. The bed was springy. Literally, I could feel the spring coils. The water pressure was weak and I was one of only about 15 guests at the hotel. Also, the ceiling plaster was coming undone.

It was clean though.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)