Rodeway Inn
Avenue Motel(Ludington)
Stearns Hotel(Ludington)
Ventura Motel(Ludington)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwifi worked fineneeded a place to staystaff was very friendlythird floorwould stay againbagelschain hotelsheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The GPS couldn't find the address and motel itself is set back from the road behind a family funland, but, once found, our stay was a very pleasant experience. The hot tub in the room was an added surprise. The morning breakfast was tended to by a very friendly manager and the waffles were wonderful. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We booked this room for two nights. Our room smelled of smoke and it also had gnats flying around.

The room is a joke! Moldy, old and dark. I had to complain to the manager because our room wasn't even cleaned. I killed two bugs on the first night stay and when we came back to the room, the bugs where still on the bathroom sink. Gross!

1  Thank DrKaad
DILudingtonGM, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2010

Dear DrKaad,

I'd like to thank you for your recent review of our property, but am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. We are a 100% non-smoking property, and take significant measures to ensure that it does not occur in our guest rooms. A large portion of our rooms have had new carpet installed recently, and new carpet does have a scent, and I'm sure that this was the odor you referred to.

As all of our rooms have been renovated in the past 3 years (new carpeting, wallpaper, paint, etc.) I was shocked to read that yours was "moldy and old". If you could provide me with the room number in question, we could investigate any discrepancies, as well as improving the lighting situation.

Being situated at the edge of a forest, while quiet and picturesque, does have it's disadvantages. Insects are one of them, and while we work constantly to eradicate their presence, any food item present in the room will inevitably bring bugs.

I do apologize that we could not provide a stay that met your expectations, but do urge you to give us another chance. I will personally see to your satisfaction.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

We were in town for two nights for my wedding. One night's reservation was supposed to be for my parents and I. The other night was intended for my honeymoon. When we arrived, we were disappointed by the outside appearance but thought we'd give it a try. When we entered our "non smoking" room, it smelled like smoke and the bed was messed up. There were gnats flying around. I was completely embarrassed and couldn't believe how much I was paying for a room of this caliber! We figured we'd better ask to see our honeymoon room to make sure it was nice (I reserved a jacuzzi room online). When we inquired at the front desk, they let me know that I only had a regular room with two double beds!!! I was so upset! The office staff could have cared less. We went down the street to the Best Western and they accommodated us for the night for the same price in a clean room! They were also helpful in finding us a room at the Holiday Inn for our honeymoon night. Needless to say we checked out of the Days Inn within the hour. I couldn't have been MORE impressed with the other hotels in the area! I would not recommend anyone stay at this Day's Inn!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jodi076
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This was our second stay at this motel. We love the second floor east side with view toward the pine forest. No road noise at all. No pool so few if any children. Very clean room and comfortable beds. Located close to several stores and restaurants. We would stay once again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
DILudingtonGM, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2009

Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm pleased that both of your stays with us met (or exceeded) your expectations. Many guests prefer an east side view, as deer tend to graze on our adjacent driving range. I'm glad that we were able to accomodate you once more before we close for the winter (we reopen April 1st, 2010).

Reviewed September 23, 2009

The hotel itself was a bit difficult to find, it's actually tucked away behind a mini amusement park. The hotel itself looked very nice. The staff was prompt and very friendly. The room itself was surprisingly good but small. Clean with nice little amenities. But the bed itself was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. For a biker who's used to sleeping on the ground, this bed was a challenge as there was no padding and you could feel every spring sticking you. But if you sleep on top of the covers it's at least tolerable.

Still, the hotel was a great value. Cheap, nice & quiet. And for you golfers, a driving range right across the parking lot. 3 stars. But if they fix the bed, a solid 4.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo