“Requests not honored”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked two rooms more than a week in advance. We wanted the rooms on the ground floor and side by side.
The rooms were on the first floor as requested but on opposite sides of the motel. We had to drop luggage off on one side and then drive around to the other side. In the morning the rest of the family carried the luggage around as we were running late. The breakfast was good, but I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We liked our room but when we went to shower in the morning the shower was broken, very obvious to housekeeping. Called the desk, they apologized and gave us a key to another room to shower in. Someone was occupying that room! They were not in it at the time, probably having breakfast. How embarrassing that would of been if they were there! They apologized again and gave us another room to shower in. When we went to check out I asked if they were going to make some adjustment on our bill. She apologized again and said the manager was out and didn't know when he would be back. (I guess there are no cell phones) She said she had no authorization. I left at that point, turned in our keys only to return realizing I had not been given a receipt. She then printed it and had me sign the authorization for my credit card. I guess if I hadn't returned I wouldn't have had to pay! What a catastrophe! This was our first time at Americas Best and will not return. There was incompetence all the way around. I did email Americas Best company and received a response telling me that my letter was forwarded to Ludington but I have not received any response from them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bobkathyfree002
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We got a good deal on the hotel for labor day weekend. I would say though that it seemed that everyone stayed there was quite "interesting" looking to say the least and also loved to smoke. Our first room that we got put in was in the corner on the second floor, we were surrounded by smokers and the smoke filled the room and smelled brutal. I just stayed one night as we had a dog, making our places to stay limited. The room was okay though, fairly clean. The location isn't the best but what can you expect for that price? I'd recommend if everything else is booked near the shore or if you have a dog and don't mind lots of strange characters smoking on the balconies literally all day, then stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank justinbbfc
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms wery clean and comfortable. The hotel itself was a little hard to find at night when we came in from the lake. The sign wasn't lit and the hotel is a little way off of the main road. The staff was very friendly and let us park our boat in the overflow lot. There is a small amusement park right next to the hotel that has go-carts, a driving range, and a mini golf course from what I saw. I did not get a chance to try the breakfast in the morning since we were off to the lake before 5am. One minor inconvinience was trying to check out at 4:30am. The front office was locked, and it took a few minutes before one of the staff memebers saw us to check us out.

The location isn't too far from from downtown Ludington, which does have a lot of thing to do during the summer.

I would stay here again next time I go through Ludington. The price was very reasonable, and overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to access the second flor balcony from what I saw. If you have a lot or heavy...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We arrived pretty late and the night desk clerk was very pleasant, though tired. Morning desk clerk was less pleasant, though still helpful.

Room was pretty spacious and very clean. Wireless internet was quick and had good connection.

Downsides:
Only one stair to upper level.
Smoking is allowed on balcony/sidewalk, so you may have to walk through smoke or have it right outside your room.
Noise carries easily into rooms

And, while not a reflection on the hotel, as a note for you parents out there, for the love of Peter, would you teach your children a little courtesy and not let them be noisy and running around at 6am? Just because YOU have to leave that early doesn't mean the rest of the hotel should have to be up with you.

Room Tip: For less noise/smoke, maybe try to get the end as far from the lobby/staircase as you can.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed on the basis of reviews here and they did not disappoint. We slept one night. Traveled further north and stayed once again later in the week. The second stay, we rented a second room for arriving family members.
The employees and people can smoke on the balconies. That smoke can be drawn in to the room by the wall units. We asked to be changed to a different room (I suspect someone had smoked in there). First they offered to draw it out with a fan. But I countered with, "What about the carpet, curtains, bedding, etc.?" She spoke to the manager and they quickly moved us. I inspected our second room and it was fine. But my daughter in law said it smelled like smoke, but they were able to air it out by opening the door. I suspect it was drawn in from outside. We smelled no smoke in our second room.
Overall, we would stay again. They were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hellenictraveler
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for the first time recently. We needed to stay near the Badger so that we could take the 8am Badger cruise.
EVERYTHING about our stay was wonderful! Fast and friendly check in and very accommodating to my husband's needs. Room was spotless and REALLY nice! They opened their breakfast early so that any one leaving on the 8 am Badger can grab some food before they board.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Comfort Inn
#12 of 17 in Ludington
Ludington Pier House Motel
Ludington Pier House Motel
#6 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!