“Good value”

Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Holland, Michigan
“Good value”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms wery clean and comfortable. The hotel itself was a little hard to find at night when we came in from the lake. The sign wasn't lit and the hotel is a little way off of the main road. The staff was very friendly and let us park our boat in the overflow lot. There is a small amusement park right next to the hotel that has go-carts, a driving range, and a mini golf course from what I saw. I did not get a chance to try the breakfast in the morning since we were off to the lake before 5am. One minor inconvinience was trying to check out at 4:30am. The front office was locked, and it took a few minutes before one of the staff memebers saw us to check us out.

The location isn't too far from from downtown Ludington, which does have a lot of thing to do during the summer.

I would stay here again next time I go through Ludington. The price was very reasonable, and overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to access the second flor balcony from what I saw. If you have a lot or heavy...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
SE MI
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We arrived pretty late and the night desk clerk was very pleasant, though tired. Morning desk clerk was less pleasant, though still helpful.

Room was pretty spacious and very clean. Wireless internet was quick and had good connection.

Downsides:
Only one stair to upper level.
Smoking is allowed on balcony/sidewalk, so you may have to walk through smoke or have it right outside your room.
Noise carries easily into rooms

And, while not a reflection on the hotel, as a note for you parents out there, for the love of Peter, would you teach your children a little courtesy and not let them be noisy and running around at 6am? Just because YOU have to leave that early doesn't mean the rest of the hotel should have to be up with you.

Room Tip: For less noise/smoke, maybe try to get the end as far from the lobby/staircase as you can.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed on the basis of reviews here and they did not disappoint. We slept one night. Traveled further north and stayed once again later in the week. The second stay, we rented a second room for arriving family members.
The employees and people can smoke on the balconies. That smoke can be drawn in to the room by the wall units. We asked to be changed to a different room (I suspect someone had smoked in there). First they offered to draw it out with a fan. But I countered with, "What about the carpet, curtains, bedding, etc.?" She spoke to the manager and they quickly moved us. I inspected our second room and it was fine. But my daughter in law said it smelled like smoke, but they were able to air it out by opening the door. I suspect it was drawn in from outside. We smelled no smoke in our second room.
Overall, we would stay again. They were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hellenictraveler
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for the first time recently. We needed to stay near the Badger so that we could take the 8am Badger cruise.
EVERYTHING about our stay was wonderful! Fast and friendly check in and very accommodating to my husband's needs. Room was spotless and REALLY nice! They opened their breakfast early so that any one leaving on the 8 am Badger can grab some food before they board.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
fostoria MI
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We just needed a night to stay, you can hear hallway noise, but seemed quiet at night. The property needs some maintenance. There is a driving range behind the hotel and a go-kart place beside it. Both seemed closed as it was raining when we stayed. The breakfast had bread, two cereals, and you could make your own waffles, your typical complementary breakfast. The workers were all friendly. There is a walmart and meijers nearby along with other major retailers. Check out the downtown for unique restaurants/bars

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you want quiet, run. All running kids are put upstairs. Do not complain about this, you get more running kids!!! Was told I did not own property nor did I pay his wages!!! Sorry- no customers - no wages!!! I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Bcdbc
ARLINGTON
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here last night for a business trip. Staff was friendly, room was clean. My room was on the second floor with a stair well on one side, you could here folks walk up and down the stairs once in a while. I am guessing a fisher person had to be up at the crack of dawn, so the only one that was hard to tolerate was the 4:44 am stair person.

The hotel is behind a closed mini golf place so it is off the road a bit. When I first pulled in I was a little hesitant and was not going to stay because there were no cars parked on the front side of the hotel. I thought maybe it was too empty, but when I pulled around the other side I noticed those rooms had been rented and there were several cars on the east side of the building.

All in all it as a good place to stay, and I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Comfort Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Best Western Lakewinds
Best Western Lakewinds
#3 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!