All reviews lake michigan ss badger car ferry great view of the lake rocking chairs continental breakfast directly across the street beach vacation quaint hotel walked everywhere watched the sunset light house downtown area is within walking distance yogurt first floor coffee pot
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very clean room which I thought was well furnished though the quirky style might not be to everyone's taste. There was a seat for the bath and grab rails though it was a relatively high step over the side of the bath. Excellent shower with lots of hot water. Efficient extractor fan. Coffee maker, fridge, microwave.

Quite a long walk from the room to the car park. I liked that the outside door was locked and I needed my key to open it. The reception area had a slightly chaotic feel to it.

Restaurants nearby but nowhere to buy snacks etc apart from gas station (best gas station sandwich ever!!).

The information said that breakfast was available from 7.30am. I left at 7.35 to get the ferry and the breakfast room was locked and in darkness. That was disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

OLD motel in need of significant updating. Cleanliness and location are about the only pluses for this one. Office is only open 4-8pm. No attendant available at other times. Office clerk friendly and helpful enough when there. But have all your questions and issues resolved by 8pm! Not bicycle-friendly.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading several reviews I was a little nervous about the reservation I had made, personally I was disappointed in the reviews that I had read. The room we were in #145 was older yes but clean, did not have any musty odor and I have allergies so if there was a problem I wouldn't have been able to stay. The view was beautiful, we watched the sun set, the car ferry come in and kites flying. The staff were all very nice and helpful with directing us to where we wanted to go. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the water side
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Snyder Shoreline Inn and from the photos that we have seen depicting the place as a very and cozy. The room was not as it was in the photos. The room was dingy and dirty. There was a musty smell from the bed and the bed skirt was tucked under the box spring. All of the lights in the room including the bathroom were a hundred watt light bulbs and there was no soft lighting. None of the furniture seem to match and it was as if the room was put together from a garage sale. It would appear whoever is in charge of Maintenance has no clue of what it took or takes to maintain a fine Hotel. All of the doors to laundry rooms and closets which housed the components to keep the rooms changed over and clean were open at all times. The common areas and outside had cigarette butts on the floor and ground. This was probably the WORST hotel that I've stayed in in the last 30 years. The photographs are pictures of what Snyder's Shoreline Inn used to be years and years ago and not currently. We will never be back to Snyder Shoreline Inn...buyer beware!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2018

This was the worst hotel room we have stayed in during the last 40 years. However, my husband said he stayed in a similar room in Lodi years ago. I admit that the view was nice and the location was convenient. The staff were also nice. The room itself was small and dingy. The bedskirt was hanging out on the floor. The bathroom was small and we avoided the shower. I don't know how this hotel could be two stars. We stayed in other hotels for the same price and they were much nicer. Park of the problem was that it looked okay on the outside. That made it all the more shocking when we saw the room.

Room Tip: we had a water view but it was not a good room-
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple