“Location! Location! Location!”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
West Lafayette
“Location! Location! Location!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We've stayed here several times when in Ludington and have enjoyed it each time. We always ask for a view with a view of the lake; not sure what it would be like in other rooms. Rooms are small but very comfortable and decorated with such charm. The staff is friendly, buffet breakfast is nice.....especially nice when taken back to eat on the patio with lake view! Snyders is within a short walk to the beach and the Ludington lighthouse which makes it just the perfect location

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with lake view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CARWestLaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I (born and raised in Jackson) are taking our three grandchildren who are growing up in Virginia the beauty of Michigan for 10 days. We happened upon this hotel and decided to stay based on the view of the lake. Upon checkin we were informed that the desk/any customer service would not be available after 10pm so I immediately asked for more towels. We were indeed provided more - one and were basically scolded for asking for more. We were very disappointed with several things in the room. As we were preparing to settle in for the night we pull out the sofabed and it was so old and stained i was concerned my grandchildren would catch something. When I sat at the edge to tell them goodnight I fell through to the floor. This is only one of the safety concerns with this room! The refrigerator/freezer leaked all over the floor and thank goodness we didn't have any of our luggage near the leak. There was no coffee in the room, and the coffee room didn't open until well after I typically rise. I felt very unwelcome and they gave the impression we we intruding. Upon checkout I informed the clerk of the issues and was not offered any compensation for the complete inconvenience of all of the above.

CYNTHIA BURLEY
U.S. Air Force Civilian
DoD Policy Implementation
Office of the Secretary of The Air Force
Pentagon, Washington DC 20330-1720

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel. Especially military members. No military discount of any sort.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Cynthia B

Travelers are raving about these Ludington hotels

Williamsburg, Michigan
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Ludington for the night, we were planning on continueing to Grand Haven in morning. We took a drive thru town to see what looked good and what might be availbale. We stopped at Snyders Shorleine Inn and they had rooms available. We chose a King looking out at Lake Michigan. It was beautiful the room and the viewof Lake Michigan the marina and watching the S.S> Badger leave port well worth the price. It had its own private balcony with rocking chairs, refridge, coffe pot etc. When we got comfortable we knew we had to stay two nights. It was awsome! We took a drive the next day to see all the sights and had a great day all with in an hour of our hotel. The staff are amazing, the rooms and pool area clean and downtown was walking distance. Great weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmorrison
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This location is great to see the lake. We sat on our deck watching a fantastic lighting storm come across the lake.

Staff was very helpful and could not be friendlier.

We arrived on motorcycle and the next day it was raining. The owner of the motel gave us a ride to mass and back on Sunday. That was going the extra mile for guests.

The room was spotless as was the bathroom.

The price was a little high but I expect that for a seasonal place.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Ludington was just a stay over after long day in the car. I want clean room and clean. Bathroom with a view. Snyder's provided both. Iron at the front desk, bring a blowdryer!! Very minimal breakfast, but we didn't care about that. The pool looked nice! Verna at the front desk was very helpful. Ps . We were treated poorly at pm steamers!! ( restaurant) They were fast to take our money, knowing as tourists we would not be back. For a couple of nights , Snyder's is the best option in town!

• Stayed September 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in August for 1 night only.The Inn has a water view, if you pay for it. If you want a modern room it is over $200.00 walk in rate. We chose not to pay that much so we got a small /double bed/ waterview,with very tired furnishings .That aside it was comfortable.The breakfast was terrible, they would be better to forgo it and discount the room a bit.The breakfast rtoom, was a TINY room that would fir , really, no more than 4 people at a time! The coffee was undrinkable. It was the most incomfortable, disorganized experience in my world travels.I am in the ailine business and will not be recommending this place.The front desk was very pleasent . But when I (my fault) left my trousers in the room and called re perhaps having them sent to me, I was told I would be charged another $7.00 on top of the postage to mail them, They were small , I am a small person! I was , of course willing to pay for postage but to be made pay $7.00 it was the principal ! I asked them to donate them as I could not see paying all that money! What poor customer service, I thought to myself. Now because of this lack of customer service I will not be recommending them and writing this review! They did not even respond to my email! It's with disappointment I send this review.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a better room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Paid almost $300 for one night. Hotel was booked. Out exploring the area as soon as we took our bags to the room. Came back late and the air conditioner had a bearing problem and sounded like a generator was running in the room. Could not even hear my husband talking to me. When I checked out the next morning I told Marge at the front desk and asked if she could give us something off the cost of the room due to the noise. She said we do not give any discount for mechanical problems and did not seem concerned that we were unhappy with our stay. My advise, look for another place to stay. Expensive and unfriendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple