Beautiful Historic Home
My husband and I just stayed at the Ludington House B&B. The house is a wonderful historic gem. We enjoyed it; however, it may not be for everyone. I'm giving it a 4* for the property, not for our room. We stayed in one of the third-floor rooms, which are smallest and cheapest at $119/nt. Here are the pros and cons:
- Amazing historical home: beautiful original stained glass windows, wood work, and property.
- Great Host: we only met Kris; Bill had a medical emergency.
- Comfortable beds and good working AC.
- Clean and well maintained
- Excellent location only a few blocks from downtown and beach
- Food is good and the host was very accommodating to my lactose allergy.
- If you’re booking online, some of the room descriptions are unclear. We booked a 3-rd floor room but it wasn’t clear that it didn’t have a shower. And it definitely did not tell us that the room had no windows, just a skylight. This was a real problem for sleeping in because there was no shade or blinds, just a lace curtain. If you like to sleep in on vacation, make sure you don’t get this room.
- Only some of the rooms have showers. Ours did not, only a claw-foot tub. You would think that’s cool but it is relatively small and if you’re trying to get going for the day to enjoy the area, taking a bath is sort of a pain.
- Stairs, stairs, stairs. I just happened to injure my ankle right before my visit and let me tell you, the 3 flights of stairs were rough.
- Noisy, the house sits on the main drag. So, cars are going by late into the night. If you are an average to light sleeper, this can be a problem. We cracked up our AC and it was effective in drowning out the noise. However, if you’re there during “cool” season, this may not be an option.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Ludington House Bed And Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.