“Hospitality and kindness was great.”
Review of Viking Arms Inn

Viking Arms Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed July 16, 2010

While vacationing at Lake Hamlin, my husband had an accident and broke his leg. He was taken to Memorial Medical Center in Ludington which is across the street from Vikings Arms Inn. I had to get a motel for the four days he was hospitalized. Since I had never stayed in a motel by myself before, I was a little nervous, scared and uncomfortable. From the moment I stepped into the office for the first time until I left four days later, I was always treated so kindly and felt very comfortable and safe. I had no idea how many nights I would need to stay, so each day I would check in and tell them I'd be saying another night. The owners were always so pleasant and very caring, as they always asked about my husband's condition. The parking spaces were numbered according to rooms, so I really liked having the same spot. The room was quite nice and very clean; the bed was actually comfortable. My room was cleaned promptly each morning. On one occasion, I left my purse in my duffle bag while I left for at least an hour, and nothing was missing, even though the cleaning ladies came during that time.
I only used the pool once, but it was clean, and there were plenty of lounge chairs available. The whirlpool is a nice added feature.
I could not have had a more pleasing experience. I feel fortunate that there was a vacancy at this motel. I did check out two other places before deciding upon Viking Arms Inn, so I actually made a great decision.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank BL56

Reviewed May 22, 2010

Our families and friends have been coming to Ludington, MI. for over 25 years. We stayed in different hotels the first year or two, then we found the Viking Arms Inn. We try to come back every year, and we always stay at the Viking Arms. We brought our children when they were small, now we bring our grandchildren. The rooms are spacious, very clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The pool is large with a connecting hot tub, which is great for adults to be able to relax and keep an eye on their children in the pool. All of this combined with soft outdoor music is the perfect way to spend a relaxing afternoon. The grounds are impeccably kept. The gazebo, surrounded by beautiful hydrangeas and hanging flowers, offers a quiet area to sit and chat with friends or other guests. We have many years of treasured memories of Ludington MI., and this is thanks to the wonderfully kind and caring owners and staff of the Viking Arms Inn. Last but not least, the price is very affordable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great vacation!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hebdafamily
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Riding a motorcycle sometimes is a problem at places but at the Viking Arms Inn they treated us as King and Queen. Love the atmosphere and the room was neat and clean. Within walking distance of places to eat which was enjoyable to us. The hot tub was awesome and attached to the pool for easy access. First class place and we can't wait to go that way again. Thank you so much for a comfortable and affordable place to stay. My wife has even wished that there was one in our area with that setting. Thank You so much.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pack88jp
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The motel is a local family-owned operation and the owners are very nice. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the price reasonable. Easy to recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank paxMike
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This has been our third stay at Viking Arms. The owners are most friendly and accomodating. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.
We plan on staying there everytime we vacation in Ludington.
Even though we have family there, we always spend part of our visit at Viking Arms.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rocky29
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I just wanted to thank everyone at the Viking Arms Inns for an enjoyable stay. Our room was extremely clean and well stocked. The staff was kind and courteous as well. I look forward to future stays at the Viking Arms Inn.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MichiganFamilyman
Reviewed August 25, 2008

At first - this seemed like a nice place to stay with nice ammenities. However - on the 3rd day of our trip (I was traveling alone with my kids) - I left my purse in the room as we headed to the pool. You can see the room from the pool, as it's right across the parking lot. I noticed after a few minutes the door to our room was open and the maid was cleaning. I went back into the room about 20 minutes later, and found that all of the money in my wallet was stolen. I filed a complaint immediately with the owners (who run the front desk) - and they got very irrate with me calling me a liar. They refused to call the police. Thus I called them myself and filed a report. The owner did finally tell me he would make things right, (several times) but after I checked out (and yes, I paid my bill in full) - he wouldn't return my calls. When I finally did get in touch with him, he was extremely rude to me, calling me a liar and then hanging up on me. I really do not understand the reason for such poor treatment - seems a little strange. In the end - let me share how they resolved this. After I filed a complaint to the BBB - he sent me a check for the amount that was stolen (to appease the BBB) - and then once the report was closed - he canceled his check. Not only am I out the money again, but I was issued a $20 fee from my bank to cover the cancelled check, thus making my loss even greater. This is the worst customer service and treatment I've ever had in any of my travels - and is uncalled for (not to mention just strange). The husband and wife both need to get some customer service skills and learn how to treat their guests. They are, after all, running a business and have responsibilities to treat guests, like - well - guests! I would never stay here again - nor recommend this place to anyone else. Steer Clear!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family