All reviews one night continental breakfast an enjoyable stay lake michigan jacuzzi suite the heated outdoor pool highly recommend staying here bathroom door two night stay old school convenient location motel ferry downtown proprietor pros roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2017

As traveling musicians, we often stay at the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. So we never know what were going to get unless its a big chain hotel. This family run motel property was a dream! I felt like I had stepped back in time to when America had lots of these gems before the big chain hotels moved in.
The Hotel manager was accommodating and even though we arrived very very late (delayed flight out of DEN) he made sure our rooms were ready with a smile.
The rooms were big with King beds, a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub in addition to the standard shower.
Rooms were exceptionally clean and well kept and the bed was perfect after a grueling day of travel.
The grounds were neat and manicured with a lovely pool area and a gazebo.
Walking distance to the downtown area with lots of shops and dining.
I LOVED this property and wish there were more like it! Definitely recommend!

Room tip: They all seemed well situated to me - all ground floor.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank wynterhk
Reviewed July 31, 2017

The gentleman at the front desk was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. He remembers his guests from prior stays! The room was clean and had a large screen TV. Each parking spot is numbered corresponding to the room number so you get to park right outside your room. The swimming pool and hot tub were clean and wonderful - both heated comfortably. There is a gazebo with a sitting area next to the pool. It is located close to US31 so it's easy to find and easy to get back to the freeway. The room had plenty of fresh towels and even a black towel labeled "makeup" so that women have a towel to remove their makeup without staining the white towels. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: book early if you want the rooms with bigger beds.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

A great place to stay. Staff was very polite and helpful. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. I'd definitely stay there again. A pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2017

I took the car ferry from Manitowoc and needed a place to stay overnight. Looked up hotels in Ludington and this sounded good. When I checked in, I knew it was good as the owner was friendly and the motel was very neat, tidy, and well kept up. Rooms were CLEAN and QUIET. One of the best stays ever. No hassles or grief.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank James S
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Spent the night here so we could catch the Badger early in the morning. The check-in process went very smoothly and we entered a very clean room. Even took a swim in the outdoor pool, which was very refreshing. We were very happy with this room and would come here again if we are in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family