“Put off by what we found in our room”
Review of Viking Arms Inn

Viking Arms Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Toronto, Canada
“Put off by what we found in our room”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We booked this hotel because of all the glowing reviews; we needed a place to stay after taking the Badger across Lake Michigan. The man at the front desk was nice and the room was perfectly fine. I'm giving it a poor review because we found a dead insect in our bed. This didn't faze me at the time, but in the morning my fiance had numerous bites on his arms, bites in a straight line. Based on what the dead bug looked like, and the bite marks, I firmly believe our room had bedbugs. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would stay in a more expensive hotel next time, perhaps less chance of finding a dead bug in the b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JonesO10
davidbourgette, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Really, I find this review quiet bothersome. I would invite anybody at anytime to inspect any of our rooms. We take great pride and go to extreme lengths to make sure our rooms are clean and up to standards put forth by AAA inspectors, matter a fact we were just inspected a week ago and have retained our two diamond rating as we have had for over 30 years. We have also been independently inspected by a third party for cleanliness and have always passed with very high marks. Why is it that you feel you can place such accusations and low marks on us yet never attempt to bring this to our attention personally yet you are willing to place this on a public forum such as this? I am always available for our guest needs 24/7.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Three Oaks, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We decided at last minute to take a road trip up north to Ludington. Looked for somewhere to stay once we arrived. So glad we stopped at Viking Arms Inn. Owner was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Pool and hot tub were great. Had 4 teenage girls with and they didn't have 1 complaint. Loved the outside sitting area and gazebo. And the price was right! Could not have gotten anything as nice for that price. We even ended up staying a second night in the area and went back to the Viking. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary T
davidbourgette, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving such a nice review. They always say those last minute, unplanned trips are sometimes the best ones. Have a great summer!
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Viking Arms is very clean and close to the beach and downtown Lundington. We have stayed there several times. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary S
davidbourgette, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I usually only stay at Holiday Inn's but over the 4th of July needed a room on short notice and they were the only one available. The rooms are clean but in a dire need of updating. The owners are very nice and genuine. When I called for a room they offered the option to check in early if it was available. The pool is awesome and clean. There is a nice gazebo if you want to sit outside. Great Location you can walk to downtown. The rooms definetly need some updating. The doors are hard to close. There were several cigarette burns in the blankets. The rooms smelled like smoke and it appears blue painters tape was holding up some trim. Despite that the rooms were very clean. I would stay here again but I thought the price of the room was way more compared to what you were getting. Prices ranged from $110 -$140, I don't know if they were that expensive because of the holiday weekend or if it's the norm?

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank meowmix78
, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. We do strive to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and we are happy that you did enjoy your overall stay. A previous guest had knocked off the corner guard in the closet area that I had to repair hence the blue tape. Since I was able to get you checked in hours before the normal check in time of 2, it was an oversight that I realized after you check in. To say I was embarrassed by that is an understatement. I would invite anybody to look at our website and see pictures of our rooms and see what we do have to offer.
We are hoping to make additions of flat screen televisions very soon to all of our rooms, as well as refrigerators to most of them.
The rates are higher during a holiday such as the 4th but even then, our rates are half of the local chain hotels that have rates starting at $250 to as high as $400 during most weekends and holidays.
Again Thank you for taking your time to review us
wisconsin Rapids
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Viking Arms is a super place to stay for a night or a week. It is close to downtown and the ferry, clean, affordable and quiet. Also right across from the hospital, adjacent to a drug store as well as a convenience store/gas station. Rooms are nice and well kept and the owners are personable and always willing to help out. I highly recommend the Viking Arms Inn and will continue to stay here whenever I can.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve H
, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thanks alot Scooter, we always enjoy having you here every winter.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I'm a military member and stay at the Viking Arms Inn whenever I go home to Michigan. I absolutely love it! It is in a great location, wonderful rooms with everything you need, nice ammenties and the absolute best staff. I've stayed with them for years and would never think of going anywhere else. Whenever I bring military guests to Michigan, I get them a room at the Viking Arm Inns and they rave about it. I always feel right at home and well taken care of because of the professional, hospitality driven staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
That is sooo nice of you to say Kelly. I know the last time you stayed wasnt for pleasure ( I hope he is doing better ) but its always nice to see you. We are so glad to be able to have a comfortable place for you to stay when you come home on leave.
Muskegon, MI
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed in a whirlpool suite over this past weekend. The room features a king size bed, remote controlled gas fireplace, wet bar with mini fridge, whirlpool tub for two and large bathroom with good lighting. The room was a little dated, but spotlessly clean, and the bed was very comfortable. For the price ($95 + tax) there is nothing around that even comes close to the value. We went to manistee and Traverse city for a day trip and found it to be a very pleasant and scenic drive. We will be back often!!!

Room Tip: Askfor a room on the back side to minimize any road noise, as the inn in located on the main street.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crose75
, Owner at Viking Arms Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
what a nice thing to say. Thank you so much