“Excellent decision!”

S.S. Badger: Lake Michigan Carferry
Ranked #3 of 34 things to do in Ludington
More attraction details
Owner description: The S.S. Badger is the largest car ferry to ever sail Lake Michigan and has provided a safe, fun, and reliable shortcut across the inland sea for more than fifty years. The ferry takes passengers, autos, RVs, tour buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and commercial trucks across Lake Michigan between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin from mid-May through mid-October.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

You could drive down through Chicago up to Ludington, but why would you?

This was a great way to travel such a long distance.The crew drive the vehicles on board, probably so they can pack them in like sardines!

It's a bare bones ferry, but the crew do everything to make you comfortable.

I joined in on the bingo and had a lovely time with my fellow passengers. It was old-fashioned and the host had a silly sense of humour making it an enjoyable afternoon.

There's WIFI available for a fee, you can walk the decks, buy food and generally enjoy being out of the car.

2  Thank ThePackedBag

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I received 2 tickets and took my daughter across to Wisconsin and back in one day. There was plenty to do to keep us occupied and the staff was more than helpful. We watched movies, played games and took walks on the deck.

2  Thank stasistar
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Easy way to get to two of my favorite spring locations Freemont, Wis and Ludington, Mich. I had my truck loaded on the Badger. Interesting to see an old boat like that in service. The crew makes it easy to pass the time with entertainment. You can watch TV, play games or sit outside. The weather was bad on my trip and ten foot waves! Would love to do it again in nicer weather!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our ferry trip was supposed to start at 8:00 and we were met at the entrance to tell us that the trip was cancelled due to a part missing. They were great about refunding our money and even sent us a coupon for next year but it was a disappointing end to our trip.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Smooth ride over and back . It's not always this smooth. Food was good, bingo was fun.Employees very helpful and friendly. Had two nice days crusin around Wisconsin with the top down.Looking forward to another trip next year.

2  Thank Dutch43