“great restful place”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Saginaw, Michigan
“great restful place”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We have stayed with Nader's for 12 years. It is a great restful family get away. Walking distance to lake and all the activities of downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Nader’s Motor Lodger is a pleasant change from the sameness of today’s hotels and motels. The room amenities were more than adequate, the pool comfortable, the grills on the expanse of lawn were in use. The location was convenient and the must sees of Ludington were easily accessible. It was a delightful change of pace from boring modernism.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Some family friends had stayed there for the past 10 or so years, and we decided to go with them this time. Naders has an amazing heated pool, great rooms with comfy beds and kitchens in most. They have a community room where you can cook and keep cold things in the fridge if you need extra room. There is a basketball hoop right outside, a baseball park right behind, but we never heard any noise, the beach is only a few blocks away. Everyones favorite part though, was Deisel, Joe "Naders'" daughter's dog. He is a huge Great Dane, but has the most gentle disposition. I would definatly recommend Naders for anyone. Also, our family booked late so we had to stay in a honeymoon sweet, and it was great :) the room was big, and the jacuzzi was nice! the only bad thing was that the shower was too small for my blood, but that's what the jacuzzi is for!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
La Crosse
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Difficult to make reservation, finally they e-mailed confirmation. When I arrived I challenged price, they said they called me after my confirmation was e-mailed and we discussed, however no one ever called me. The room was 137.00 plus and not nice at all. They offered my 137.00 credit to my credit card but failed to mention they would keep a 50.00 deposit that I wasn't aware of until I received my credit card bill. Just didn't seem to be very honest with all they told they had done, with the calling me etc and they never did. Wouldn't trust those folks on anything after that.
Many nice places and honest folks in Ludington........stay any where other than here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank justpassinthrough65
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I spent 2 nights at Nader's recently and was disgusted by the accomodations. Our room smelled as if it had flooded and never been aired out. There were human and dog hairs on the pillows and sheets and the coffee pot still had coffee in the pot and in the filter! Also, there were dirty, wet towels hanging on the back our bathroom door. I would never stay here again. We were in the "older" part of the motel and heard the newer accomodations were much nicer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lady026
ArlingtonHtsIL
Reviewed January 1, 2009

This is the place to go if you want to be close to the beach, the state park, the ferry...There are so many reasons to come to Nader's: a pool, pet-friendly rooms, friendly staff, and the guests are laid back and easy-going!!! This is a place to relax, rejuvenate, and not worry about how your hair looks. I go back every year and can't say enough good about this place!

• Liked — Family-owned, family TLC
  • Disliked — smaller size of rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Clinton Twp. MI
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I was seeking a Lake Michigan beachtown for a 3 day getaway with my wife and two girls, ages 4 and a half and 7 months. Kind of reluctantly booked naders because: HAD to have 2 room suite for the baby, liked proximity to beach and state park, and price ($124 for 2 room suite) Arrived at noon on a Monday, early check in was granted, GREAT START. Room #44 was upstairs with a pool view, 2 twin beds, 1 tv, and a sitting area in 1 room, futon and sitting area and 1 tv in other room, ample kitchen area with microwave and 3 foot fridge in the middle, all clean. Balcony with 2 chairs and table. Decent size bathroom with heat lamp These suites were built in 2005. I'd say the edge of the beach, Stearns Park, is about 300 yards, and Ludington state park is about 3 miles to the north. In a nutshell, everyone was nice and paient with local info questions, they have good bikes to use for free, the have a community room for various uses, the pool was warm and stocked with various kid inflatables, the courtyard offered shuffleboard, picnic tables, gas AND charcoal grills, and room for guys like me who like to bring thier own bocci balls Housekeeping was prompt, although I think sheets are only changed upon request, we got sand everywhere. As far as the "redneck clientele" referred to in an earlier review, the people were a bit older than us, I am 42, on the whole, with a handful of families thrown in with small children. It seemed to be a lot of older women there in the day while the guys fished, with more than a few return guests. If I could have changed anything I probably would have spent $10 more a night for a first floor suite, not for the stove and full size fridge, just to be able to walk outside into the courtyard. I hope this helps guide your decision on your trip to Ludington, any questions answered at damfran3@comcast.net p.s. The place really seemed to be getting toward 100% occupancy by the time we left on Thursday morning

• Liked — room and location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family