“Great location, great service!”

Nader's Motel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I love this hotel! It has such a warm feel to it. Great service all around!

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Everything was excellant. The owner and his daughter were helpful and informative during our stay at Naders. Great Location!!! Would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed at Nader's this past week end. I was very disappointed with the motel. The first thing I noticed was the staff was not too friendly. When I went to check in I had to push a pager on a phone at the desk and waited for someone to come to the office. A young girl walked in and I got the impression I was bothering her because of her attitude.
When we got to our room on the second floor much to my surprise, it was a suite. Two double beds in the first room, a sliding door separated the kitchenette and the living room area that had a hide-a-bed couch. The couch cushion was turned where the zipper was showing so I turned the cushion around and saw the reason they positioned it that way. There was a large slit on the cushion with stuffing coming out. The bathroom was large but didn't have a sink or a shelf to put personal items out. Upon looking around, there was no bathroom sink at all, the kitchen sink was the only sink in the room. So, if someone is sleeping on the hide-a-bed and you had to use the restroom, you had to come out of the bathroom to wash your hands right next to where someone may be sleeping.
The air conditioner was about one foot away from the bed and it was blowing directly over the bed. That made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep.
There was a coffee maker but no cups. No laundry bags.
The room underneath us barbequed right under our balcony and the smell of barbeque came in through the air conditioner and my clothes stunk like charcoal.
We told the office we wouldn't need housekeeping the next day and put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door. At 9:30 am housekeeping was knocking on our door. I opened it, she asked if we wanted housekeeping and I said no and pointed to the sign which didn't seem to register with her at all.
The dead bolt lock didn't work on the outside door.
I wouldn't stay at Naders again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Carol A
nadersmotel, Manager at Nader's Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear Carol,
We are sad that you will not be staying with us again.
We did everything we could to try and make your stay enjoyable; noting your allergies we upgrading you to a pet-free suite at NO CHARGE- which you carefully inspected even before checking in and let the young girl at the front desk know that the room was "very nice". You requested additional linen and coffee cups which the young girl brought to your room immediately. We understood the smell of charcoal was offensive to you, so we had the customer below your room move the grill to another location with in 5 minutes. There are 2 air conditioners in every suite and each is capable of cooling the entire suite individually. Either one of them could have been shut off to avoid blowing on the bed or the smell of charcoal entering your room and still kept the suite at a desirable temperature.
The young girl at the front desk was instructed by you not to clean the room, but to bring fresh towel in the morning, and therefore the reason for the knocking on your door by housekeeping at 9:30am on Saturday.
Our staff is not only friendly, but they go out of thier way to try and make all of our customers comfortable and happy.
Thank you for your comments, we hope you will give Nader's Motel another try.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

I traveled to Ludington to do a couple of bike tours. It was my first trip to Michigan's west coast. A few Internet clicks landed me on the website for Nader's. It sounded like what I was looking for: retro (with a neon sign that said "No...Vacancy)," small, family-owned, and within walking distance from the beach and downtown Ludington.

I had a kitchenette suite on the ground floor in the lodge. Though the decor was plain, it was immaculate. The kitchen was well-equipped for cooking (and cleaning up). As an added plus, it was suitable for wheelchair-bound-guests. My patio door opened onto a well-kept lawn with big trees and a swimming pool. This would be a lovely place to have a retreat with friends or family who have limited mobility. But I didn't spend much time here. I just wanted to ride my bike all day and sit on the beach in the evening. I could easily do both without getting into my car.

The only problem was that I didn't have much privacy because the other guests congregated outside my patio. This could be solved with some sheer curtains and a few well-placed potted plants. Since the owners seemed so conscientious, I'm sure they'll figure out how to fix it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We have stayed with Nader's for 12 years. It is a great restful family get away. Walking distance to lake and all the activities of downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Nader’s Motor Lodger is a pleasant change from the sameness of today’s hotels and motels. The room amenities were more than adequate, the pool comfortable, the grills on the expanse of lawn were in use. The location was convenient and the must sees of Ludington were easily accessible. It was a delightful change of pace from boring modernism.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Some family friends had stayed there for the past 10 or so years, and we decided to go with them this time. Naders has an amazing heated pool, great rooms with comfy beds and kitchens in most. They have a community room where you can cook and keep cold things in the fridge if you need extra room. There is a basketball hoop right outside, a baseball park right behind, but we never heard any noise, the beach is only a few blocks away. Everyones favorite part though, was Deisel, Joe "Naders'" daughter's dog. He is a huge Great Dane, but has the most gentle disposition. I would definatly recommend Naders for anyone. Also, our family booked late so we had to stay in a honeymoon sweet, and it was great :) the room was big, and the jacuzzi was nice! the only bad thing was that the shower was too small for my blood, but that's what the jacuzzi is for!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Snyder's Shoreline Inn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#17 of 17 in Ludington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee

Been to Nader's Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!