“Checked into a Super 8, checked out of a Best Western!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Lakewinds

BEST WESTERN Lakewinds
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Burlington, NJ
“Checked into a Super 8, checked out of a Best Western!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2007

Super 8 is generally not the hotel I prefer to stay, but the reviews from Trip Advisor were so positive, and I have a son who loves waterparks, so we decide stay a night. As it turns out, they were in the process of changing into a Best Western, so if your looking for the Super 8, be aware they now have a new name! The good points were the water slide, which my son loved, though for us it was strange that it didn't land into the pool but rather a flat slide area. The pool was nice, and convenient. They do have a adult swim from 10:00 pm on which was nice to know we wouldn't hear kids yell all night. We did use the laundry here and it was adequate. We had a room that faced the pool. While clean, it was very dark and small, and with our three large pieces of luggage, it was very closet like. The three of us barely fit in, which was fine for the one night. I'd ask for a room with an outside window if staying longer. Bathroom was adequate, refrigerator and microwave handy. Beds are ok. Breakfast area is by the pool. The problem is some columns are in the way - its a bit tight getting around the tables and near the buffet area. Staff was pleasant. I wasn't too impressed watching one staff member fold clean new T- shirts they were selling on the lobby floor! Ludington is easy to get around. I recomend the Jamesport Brewing Co as a place to eat and drink. Definitely drive along the lake, especially in the evening to catch a beautiful sunset. We did visit White Pine Village, its nice but could use some more interpretive signs. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Liked — Easy to find, the water slide, pleasant common areas, not far from town
  • Disliked — Small dark cramped room.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank newjerseyfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2007

I got stuck driving north on US-31 in the middle of very bad winter conditions and knew that Ludington would offer some hotel choices right near the exit. The Ramada looked abandoned, so I travelled about a 1/2 mile west of the exit and the Super 8 looked very pleasant. Nice, bright sign offering "warm beds!" The front desk worker was very sympathetic and offered me a AAA discount even though I didn't have my card with me. She informed me that there was free ice cream from 8-9pm and continental breakfast in the morning. I didn't get to take advantage of either, but it was nice to be offered. I got a room near the pool (which looked very nice and had a big indoor waterslide!). The bathroom looked recently remodeled and the entire room was very clean. In fact, they seemed to be doing some remodeling throughout the hotel. The mattress was a little bit soft, but I don't expect much from hotel beds anyway. When I got up in the morning, the parking lot was already plowed and I was on my way again. I've already told people that I know take that same route sometimes to keep the Super 8 in mind if they ever need to take a break from driving. It was an overall very pleasant experience after a very stressful day!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank kfreebay
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2006

We stayed seven nights over the Christmas Holiday. We had a room in the back of the hotel away from the pool and game room area. We were on the side opposite the parking lot. It was one of the cleanest hotels I have been to. The room apparently was newer and it definitely showed. It was also extremely quiet. The only time we would hear anything is if someone was walking in the hallway directly outside of our room. The walls must be very well sound proofed. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable and feel welcomed. Continental breakfast in the morning was simple but adequate and on some mornings you could make your own waffles. Ice cream sundays were served every evening -- a great treat for the kids. The pool is nice but on the small side. They also have a water slide that the kids really loved. The water on the slide does not feel heated, so I avoided that one. Very nice gym area, hot tub and sauna. The pool area was kept very clean. The rates were excellent for over the holiday period -- we certainly couldn't stay anywhere near home for the price we paid.

• Liked — Very clean and very quiet
  • Disliked — A bigger pool area would be nice
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jomarkno
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2006

Super 8 is definately the best hotel in Ludington. I took my wife and two kids there in June of 2006 and can not find one negative thing to say about it. You'll love the indoor pool on those chilly michigan days and the huge slide is great.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank crbc2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Comfort Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Viking Arms Inn
Viking Arms Inn
#8 of 17 in Ludington

Been to BEST WESTERN Lakewinds? Share your experiences!