“Almost Perfect”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had some reservations about staying at the hotel because 2 previous Holiday Inn stays went poorly. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised on how clean the hotel lobby was. The front desk staff were smiling and welcomed me quickly and remained smiling the entire time. The room was large and clean. There is a small kitchen with a full sized refrigerator and microwave; a table big enough for 2; a desk for working; a chest for your clothes; a big comfy chair; and a great bed with big pillows. :-) The breakfast had a huge assortment of hot meats, breads, and cereals as well as yogurt, cereal, bagels, and doughnuts. There is a very large coffee station with a large assortment of creamers, teas, and cocoa. There are several restaurants on both sides of the hotel; including fast food like McDonald's, and casual like Scotty's. Alicia and Morgan, front desk staff, made my stay feel like home. They ensured I had the most pleasant stay possible. They are both very sweet, knowledgeable, and professional young women. There seemed to be no end to their knowledge of the area and always greeted me with a smile. Truly a pleasure.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor away from the children's suites and the pool. This will keep you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Highnessmac
Jason B, Assistant Property Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello Highnessmac,
I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Aleshia and Morgan will be thrilled to hear that they made a such memorable experience possible for you. From all of us here, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of it's location. There are restaurants within walking distance and downtown Ludington is just a few minutes down the road. The room was okay but on the small side (the bathroom is extremely small, with barely room to turn around), the vanity/sink are in the main room, which is inconvenient when one person likes to sleep later than the other (as my husband does). This was the first time we stayed in a standard room and we won't do that again. The bright spot was Brenda, who works the complimentary breakfast. She gave me a smile as I was approaching, and when I got close, said "hello," welcomed me back and wished me a Merry Christmas. She is a huge asset to the hotel!

Room Tip: Recommend staying in a King Suite rather than a standard room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear TWorkTraveler,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our friendly staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCar

Reviewed December 9, 2013

LOVED IT!! Visiting Ludington before heading to Afghanistan. My son and I had an amazing time. The staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast bar was more than we could ever hope for. The pool and hot tub area is literarily world class! The channel selection is outstanding, a perfect match for the GIANT flat screen television.

Room Tip: Wicked arcade my son says!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jason B, Assistant Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We enjoyed having you stay with us hopefully as much you enjoyed staying with us. Our entire staff will be thrilled to hear about how good of a job they did to make your stay amazing. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Best of luck on your journey and stay safe.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel sucked. The management stank and the staff had bad attitudes.We had the kids suite and my daughter got blue candy in her hair from sleeping in the bunk beds. There were candy and food crumbs left in the bunk beds. My kids got yelled at for jumping off the side of the pool when every other kid was doing the same thing. If they didn't want people jumping off the side of the pool why didn't they put that on their rules. There was also people with alcohol drinks in the pool area where my kids were swimming. The staff was also very nosy and couldn't keep to themselves. If you Want to go to Ludington don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank sarah V
Jason B, Assistant Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I apologize that your stay with us wasn't as expected. The pool rules are clearly posted in multiple places within the pool area. I do assure you that cleanliness is a facet that our staff strives to maintain, as well as try to exceed the expectations of our guests. I hope that you and your family will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Ludington.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express in Ludington Mi. Lets just say the room I had HIEX had a few Minor issues. When I was checking out the next morning I explained to the front desk lady of those issues. She was very apologetic and she also adjusted my room rate, for my stay. Which I was very pleased that she cared about me the "guest". The hotel had Great customer service, the bed was great , Breakfast was decent and the Pool and Hot Tub was nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Monica0212, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello Wolverine 777,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your most recent stay. I am really happy to hear that you informed the front desk of the issues you had with your stay and we were able to remedy this with you. So often guests don't share with us and we love to know what we do right and even more so what we can do better. I am sorry that our hotel was not as up to date as you would have liked. I am happy to inform you though that we are currently in the planning stages of doing some updates to guest room bathrooms. We understand that it is important to guests to have a clean, comfortable, and up to date hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My mother, 3 children, and I took the S.S. Badger from Manitowoc to Ludington (without a vehicle) during the weekend of October 11-13. I was slightly apprehensive traveling without a car, but the Holiday Inn shuttle was waiting for us when we stepped off the ship. When we checked into the hotel, we realized that our room was a handicapped room, which meant no bathtub, and a smaller bunk-bed area for the kids. There were also a few items that had been left behind in the refrigerator (and expired). Not a huge deal, but enough to prompt a phone call to the front desk. The front desk staff was very accommodating, and Sanjay quickly came down with keys to a new room across the hall and helped us move our things to the new room. This room was immaculate, with a large tub and shower, a bigger bunk area, and more conducive room layout (for our situation). In addition, we were given a few extra amenities as an apology for our inconvenience. Not necessary, but very much appreciated. This was the only glitch of the whole weekend. Breakfast was delicious, my kids practically lived in the pool (which was very spacious, as was the hot tub), and the front desk was able to provide us with the phone number for Dial-A-Ride, which took us to the downtown area (and back, later in the day) for a minimal fee. The last night of our stay, my daughter was not feeling well and didn't want to share a bed, so I called to the front desk to inquiry about a rollaway bed. One was brought up almost immediately, and I was very surprised to see that there was not a charge for the bed on the bill in the morning. The entire staff was very accommodating and took great care of us. Upon arriving back in Manitowoc, my mother realized that she had forgotten her iPad in the hotel room. We immediately called the hotel and were told that the housekeeper had found the iPad and it was safely stored in the office. I can't tell you how relieved we were! We can't wait to stay here again. My kids can't wait to go back and swim again. Awesome hotel! Thank you, Holiday Inn Express, for having honest, helpful employees. Excellent hospitality!

Room Tip: The family rooms with bunk beds are great! The kids love having their own "space" and the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Kate L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed many of the hotels amenities. Sanjay is a wonderful member of our team, and I have passed along your comments to him. I have also shared your comments with our housekeeping team. Guests accidently leave things behind quite often and our housekeeping staff does a wonderful job taking care of these items for our guests. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you make the trip from Wisconsin to Michigan.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff was so awesome, I was a nervous wreck trying to prepare for an important life changing experience in my life - relocation - new job! I slept like a baby - great breakfast - what more can I say - this is an awesome town - great family vacation area - and now I will be proud to call it home - thanks to the staff at the hotel to make me "top notch and ready" for my interview -

Room Tip: Best choice you will make in Ludington - staff friendly and smiling always! :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cyndi F

Hello Cyndi F,
Thank you for you wonderful comments! Relocating is a huge life changing event and I am so glad we were able to take some of that stress off of you. Ludington is a wonderful town full of wonderful people. Let us be the first to say WELCOME TO LUDINGTON!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ludington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Days Inn Suites
Days Inn Suites
#1 of 1 in Pentwater

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!