“This HIE never disappoints!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
Michigan
“This HIE never disappoints!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We originally had a kid suite booked but our children opted to stay home with grandma. Upon arrival we were advised there was a slight issue with the pool and weren't sure if it would be avail. (With no kids it really didn't matter). There was a hockey tournament that weekend diverge hotel was full of kids. They promptly asked if we'd like a quieter room king suite same price.

The stay was wonderful and quiet and as we left for dinner the pool was up and running.

Breakfast here never disappoints, great coffee and breakfast selection!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Arrived in Ludington tired and frustrated. Drove through dense fog and rain for the last hour. Sanjay Singh provided us with the most pleasant check-in procedure we've ever experienced. Friendly and efficient. Helped us re-establish our Priority Club card. Directed us to a local restaurant with the best seafood we've had in a long time. Provided caramel corn, a room that was clean, comfortable, had a jacuzzi, and on the first floor. Oh - did I mention the fresh cookies in the evening. Great accomodations and service.

Room Tip: Exec room with jacuzzi is great for relaxing after a long day.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FORT WALTON BEACH FL.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good experience. Breakfast rates high marks. freindly staff. great location. clean and well appointed.on major highway, easy to find. Ludington,s top tourist attractions close by. trip to visit my 99 year old father in local assisted living.

Room Tip: First floor, back of motel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is our 2nd stay here in 2012; we were also here in August. The hotel is well kept, they have a nice breakfast area, and the staff has been excellent. That being said, I will have a hard time staying here in the future. My wife and I were both reading in bed and my lower back felt damp. I thought perhaps I was sweating; I got up to check the temperature setting on the heater. As I was getting back into bed, I noticed a large wet spot showing through the sheets. Well it wasn't water; someone had urinated in the bed. In all of my travels over the past 15 years (90% of which have been in Hilton properties) I have never experienced anything this disgusting. The staff was very responsive and apologetic and quickly moved us to another room. I was VERY surprised though that we were not offered anything but a free box of chocolates. I fully expected to be offered our first night for free. Had this been a Hampton Inn, it would have been free with their 100% satisfaction policy. We also prepaid for the room in order to receive their lowest rate and they charged my credi card for around $10.00 more than the confirmation indicated; again this has never happened to me with any of my 3,000+ reservations (primarily Hilton properties) over the past 15 years. We come to Ludington 4-5 times per year and in the future we will stay at a wonderful little B&B that we discovered here in Ludington (it was already booked when we decided to come up).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rhkfwain
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Wonderful personal service from the staff. Clean and quiet room. We have stayed at this hotel repeatedly and always find it to be wonderful. It is really nice to have a place you can count on each time we come to Ludington.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a trip to Ludington during the off-season. My husband had a business trip, and I tagged along. While this is a pretty standard Holiday Inn Express, the property was updated, and the service was very friendly. We received very good dining recommendations from the front desk staff, and we felt the staff was knowledgeable about the area and really cared about their customers.

We were in a very spacious room and appreciated the refrigerator that was included. The hotel was very quiet (maybe because it was the off-season), and we weren't far from downtown Ludington and nearby attractions. The daily breakfast had many different hot and cold options, and we enjoyed use of the large pool and hottub.

This is a pretty large hotel, and I can see it being very popular and crowded during the height of tourist season. But I think it is designed to handle large crowds and would be a good option for families. Its location gave us good access and introduction to the area, and we would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here the Friday after Thanksgiving. We were a little concerned because we were told the hotel was full for a hockey tournament. However we did not hear a sound! This was great because we are very light sleepers. The room was very large, had a nice reading chair and the a/c worked even in the cold-YEAH! Comfortable bed and a couple different choices of pillows. The breakfast was extensive with both hot and cold items and hot baked cinnamon rolls. That was a first! They were delicious. Good coffee too. Would definitely stay here again. And it was a bargain!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ludington
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Best Western Lakewinds
Best Western Lakewinds
#2 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!