“Large Park”

Ludington State Park
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Ludington
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Clean, lots to do. Swimming on Lake Michigan or protected inland bay of Hamlin Lake. Lots of trails to hike. Rental kayaks and canoes, paddle boats.

There are newer reviews for Ludington State Park

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We love hiking through this state park. It's one of my favorites, as there's something for everyone. There's great hiking trails through woods and sand dunes. There's amazing white sandy beaches along Lake Michigan as well as a neat old lighthouse you can tour if you wish. Being by the lake always provides a nice cool breeze in the heat of summer. You can also rent canoes and kayaks and enjoy the river or Lake Hamlin. I've always had good luck with viewing wildlife (I especially love the white swans!) I did have a few ticks on me this summer, which is a first for this area, (and some mosquitoe bites as well) so I would advise bringing along the bugspray.

1  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed July 7, 2014

There are some nice hiking trails in Ludington State Park, or you can walk along the beautiful lakeshore.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We do not camp at the park. We live in the area, but we visit a couple of times a week. I never get tired of it. We walk the scenic trails to spy on the wildlife, swim at the beach (whose water is always warmer than Lake Michigan water), raft down the river... They also have scheduled events all of the time including music, Birds of Prey presentation, and a guided snowshoe hike in the winter. Like I said, it never gets old.

1  Thank phoenixphlow
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I would give it a billion stars. This place is amazing. A must do if you come to michigan. The beach is great. Tube down the river for a relaxing time but dont forget water shoes. The shady bike paths allow a break from the summer sun. At dusk enjoy the deer as you ride by. I have been visiting ludington for 25+ years and it never gets old.

2  Thank jlh2121