“the park with no electricity”

Cartier Park Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludington
Cartier Park Campground
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“the park with no electricity”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

first we are going camping in 35ft fifth wheel with ac we checked in about 6pm and started to get everything hooked up and started the ac as it was 95 degrees outside went about hooking every thing else up and the electric shut off no problem been to other campgrounds so we come prepared with a generator so i hook it up start it up going good about 15minutes later the manager comes over and tells me I cannot run my generator even though he can't provide power for me that I paid for! So he tells me that is the policy at the campground no generators but policies should be dealt with in a crisis no excuses. the only thing good about it was we did recieve a refund thank you for that managment because we ended up leaving so I guess this place would be fine for tent camping with no power hookup but needs to have better policies when a crisis comes up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank daniel w
Cartier Park C, Manager at Cartier Park Campground, responded to this review, August 28, 2016
Yes while you were there we had major issues with the power. This was my first year managing the park and was absolutely shocked to find out we didn't have a big enough power supply for everyone to run AC. I had a extra service put in and know Consumers energy says I am overkill. It has been 4 years now and haven't encountered any issues. Consumers was right. Sorry for your experience I didn't like it myself.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We camp here every summer while my husband goes salmon fishing. It's the perfect location for everything you need. It is about 2 miles from the city beach if you want to swim and relax or about the same distance if you want to go downtown to do some shopping. The campground is nice and clean, bathrooms get cleaned everyday (at noon). Like staying at any campground I would bring your flip-flops to shower in. The campgrond does have a play area for the kids (outdated) but works just fine. If you bring your bikes, the campground does attach to a paved trail. I would say it's about 2 miles long. They have a little mini store and sell fire wood and ice. They have books that you can borrow and read. The campground is next to Hamlin lake, it's not a lake that you would want to swim in, but my kids like to go and fish it. This campground does not have all of the "high" end thing some people might want when they camp, but when we go camping I think of getting away from all of that and having a nice and relaxing time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank SAE2012
Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We found this little GEM last year when we could not get a spot in the state park. It is very clean to include the restroom's. The staff is super friendly and full of information about the local area. The walking / Bike trail is paved and will take to the City. We plan on making this a destination for years to come. Another plus is sewer at site.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Daniel E
Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is the first time writing a review, but this place deserves it.
I have camped here several times with friends salmon fishing and this past week with my wife to see the fall colors. First of all the staff is very friendly and helpfull. My wife and I were leaving after work Friday from the Detroit area and would not arrive until after midnight. I called the campground and let them know. I asked that we stay away from any other campers so that others would not be disturbed by my head lights while i set up our tent. They said No problem, and left my site information in the office door. We arrived around 12:30 AM and found our site clean and waiting for us. The restrooms have always been very clean which made my wife very happy and an unlimited supply of hot water for showering. Everytime I have been there the entire campground is clean and quiet, I would bet you cant find a piece of trash if you looked. This is not one of those parking lot campgrounds, this is a very nice wooded campground, if you are pulling a camper or driving an RV you will not have a problem manuvering your rig. It has a beautiful walking path located feet away thru the woods, a playground for the kids and did I mention clean bathrooms, flushable toilets and hot showers. Close to the state park, Luddington light house, as well as all the shops in town. It is not just a campground it is a destination for all of what the area has to offer. Thank you again Cartier Park for another great experience and wonderfull memories.
See you next year.