“Perfect Getaway!”
Review of Parkview Cottages

Parkview Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludington
Parkview Cottages
Sylvania, Ohio
“Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was the perfect place to relax and getaway from my stressful life as a hospice nurse. I arrived by myself because my husband couldn't join me until later in the week. Jill left the porch light on for me and it was like coming home. The cottage was inviting from the first time I walked through the door. It was clean and charming even if it was a bit dated. It had everything I needed to stay in and relax. The beautiful beach was just a block away! I felt very safe being there by myself unti my spouse arrived. Jill was absolutely amazing from my first e-mail to the day I left. We were able to meet her in person and she is very kind and let me view another cottage. I would definately recommend this to all my friends and co-workers for a family or couples getaway! I will be coming back! Thanks Jill for everything!

Room Tip: Cottage #2 is right at the corner and you get great breezes coming through the cottage in the summer...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Milan, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I have stayed at one of the Parkview Cottages on three separate occasions. On one trip, a motorcycle excursion around Lake MI, we found our unit to be cozy but not cramped. Furnished with nautical themed decorations, the cottages are charming and though not roomy, comfortable as a place to lay your tired head after a day in the sun and sand in the beach within a short walk across the street.

a cozy-but-not-too-cramped unit at Parkview Cottages earned a whopping 25,000 points on our scientific rating scale.

Courteous phone encounter 5,000 points

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ccothernII
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We go to Ludington every summer during the Gus Macker tournament. We were very excited to finally get a cottage over a hotel. The location was great -- but i would say that was the only pro of the weekend. When we arrived, the rental was not ready, and seemed like it had been closed up all year (smelled musty, fridge off, air off, damp). They also did not keep any back up of toilet paper, garbage bags, etc, and we had to end up going and purchasing some for the weekend.

We put down the required security deposit -- which was totally fine, however they found away to keep part of it. They claimed that we left the outside of the house (lawn) a mess. This makes no sense, and the only possibility would be that the storm knocked over the outside garbage. We cleaned the inside and outside spotless, but they found away to keep partial deposit. When i tried communicating with the Parkview office, they took thier 'cleaners' side, as they claimed it took more time than usual. No pictures, reciepts, or anything were given to us to prove the additional expenses and cleaning. They even mentioned how beautful we left the inside. Does not make sense that we would clean the inside but trash the outside!!

Would NOT RECOMMEND due to customer service (Jill).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank E1229
Jill M, Manager at Parkview Cottages, responded to this review, June 19, 2015
Gus Macker weekend (basketball tournament) is one of our busiest weekends of the summer and requires a damage deposit which is refundable if the buildings and grounds do not require repair or any unusual attention. Unfortunately when the cleaning staff arrived the property in question had just been vacated and obviously required cleanup of the grounds. It is rare that the entire deposit is not refunded and since the origin of the tournament in the Ludington area has only happened twice.
The deposit or any portion of it is retained only if the damage or cleanup costs the management to repair or additional staff wages and then only the actual cost.
Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The Parkview Cottages are the perfect beach getaway! We stayed in cottage #2 located right on the corner. The cottage was very clean and well kept. It was the perfect size for my husband, myself and our 18 month old. It was a very easy walk to the beach. We will definitely go back again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank vanderbh
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We had planned this trip, and stay at Parkview Cottages, last year, but had to cancel due to health problems. We rescheduled for a week beginning June 21.

We stayed in Cottage #1, and were very disappointed. Keep in mind that these are "historic" cottages. Cottage #1 seemed like it never saw sunshine, and everything inside seemed damp. Neither my husband or I slept well on the nights of June 21 and June 22. Even the sheets felt damp. There was a BIG step to get in the front door that my husband could not manage. The cottage is advertised on the internet as accommodating up to 3 people. With just the two of us, it was a VERY tight squeeze. They had updated the kitchen area which was beautiful.

We left and found other accommodations, which were very nice, at half the cost of the cottages. I thought the cottage would have a view of the City Park and Lake Michigan, but none of the cottages did. It's too bad.... the owner seemed very nice when dealing with her by email.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MaxineMadison
Jill M, Manager at Parkview Cottages, responded to this review, June 19, 2015
It has been a while since this review although I do remember the reservation.
It was a very humid/damp period of time that summer and I do understand how uncomfortable that may have been.
The step was a difficult one to maneuver and has since been addressed.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was a perfect place for my husband, myself & our 1 year old daughter. We stayed at the Parkview Cottages which were 1 block from Lake Michigan. It was like our home away from home. We could walk up to the lake to watch the sunset, walk out to a lighthouse, play at the park, enjoy the beach & watch the ferry from WI come in for the night. Just a 10 minute ride from the cottage is a Ludington State Park, a great place to go for the day. You can even camp at the park, which we hope to do in a couple of years. If you don't want to pay the fee to go into the park, you can park along the street on the way there & walk down the dunes to Lake MI. If you love the outdoors, Ludington is a great town to visit.

3 Thank Cheery Traveler