“Greasy Italian food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Nooksack, Washington
“Greasy Italian food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service here was mediocre at best. I ordered a 12" pizza. The pizza was okay. Nowhere near enough sauce, not much cheese either. I've had better and I've had worse. My wife ordered the veal marsala. The veal was dripping with grease and was totally inedible. One of the worst Italian restaurants I have ever eaten in.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Mixed results, service lacking”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Decided to try despite mixed reviews. We were seated quickly, but given no menus. Waited at least 10 minutes for a waitress. She asked for our drink order, but we asked for menus and wine list. Hindsight, we should have gotten menus ourselves. She went to get menus, and left them on a stack in the corner of the table for us to hand around. I ordered the pasta with garlic and olive oil, with the garlic and olive oil only on part of it, so my daughter could eat some of the pasta. The above pasta and linguini with clams ordered had way too much red pepper flakes; neither had this mentioned on the menu. Our waitress focused her attention on another table ordering wine by the bottle, it was getting late, or would have sent back. The pizza was excellent and the sangria was good. When the bill came there was a charge for splitting the pasta. I questioned it, and she said "the cook told her to add it." I should have simply requested the garlic and olive oil on the side; plus, I got only half of it since the pasta was split. She did remove this charge as should have been handled better. I would again order the pizza, but only as carry-out.

• Visited August 2013
Mason Co, MI
“Not Bad - Nice Individual Pizzas”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you love Italian food this is okay. I've never walked out and said wow that was great. The Eggplant Parmesan was a bit soupy and the Lasagna just average. On the other hand The White Special Pizza was very good.

Visited April 2013
Fishers, Indiana
“Solid Italian food: nothing special”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

If you want Italian fare, this place will fit the bill. It is nothing fancy and won't cause you to rave or crave to the future, but it is quality food at a good price. The marinara sauce would be the most interesting item in my opinion (I dined with 6 others and sampled various dishes). The sauce is peppery with some kick and a nice tomato taste. I wish I had ordered a dish with red sauce rather than a cream sauce. My father found the mussels quite good too. Overall we had a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
Michigan
“Excellent Find”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our group of 6 stopped here based on the TripAdvisor recommendations (and because we were walking by). I had spaghetti and meatballs and it was very good. Everyone at our table liked their dinners (Eggplant parmesan, Ravioli, Pizza, and a couple of other pasta's). I grew up eating good Italian food and knew I was in for a treat when we walked in the door. The familiar smell of great sauce simmering in the kitchen was wonderful. I knew immediately I'd get a pasta dish.

The meat sauce was delicious. I had the whole wheat pasta and it was some of the best I ever had. The veggie pizza was also delicious. The vegetables were fresh and the sauce was great. The minestrone was great too.

My only issue with the restaurant was the speed. It took about 10 minutes to get our soups and salads, but then it was about 40 minutes before we got our dinners. My spaghetti didn't have much sauce, so they brought me a small bowl with extra (didn't charge me) and that was perfect. We had our leftover pasta and pizza the following day - it was even good cold. If it wasn't for the slow service I would have rated them 5 stars. I will definitely go back when I'm in the area.

• Visited July 2013