“About the best food in Ludington”
Review of Timbers

Timbers
Ranked #56 of 72 Restaurants in Ludington
Description: Timbers is something for everyone, enjoy indoor or outdoor dining on our two story deck overlooking Lake Mi Marina, casual or upscale menu selections in a classy Gastro Pub atmosphere. Timbers features Gourmet Burgers, Brosted chicken,grilled salmon, steaks, pork belly, shrimp and grits, salads homemade soups, Bison chili all prepared fresh daily by Chef Dan Brooks and team. Second Floor Dancing
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Unfortunately, there is no fine dining anywhere around Ludington, Hart, or Pentwater (which is surprising since there are some very wealthy yacht owners wandering around Pentwater). Other than the breakfasts at our B&B in Hart (which was fantastic [Hart House B&B]) this was the best quality food we had in western Michigan. My fish was decent but too salty. Good service. You can see a sliver of a marina from their outdoor deck. Had to ask to have the music turned down (it was pretty loud). Clean bathrooms.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We went to Ludington for our first trip as new dog owners. Although several websites said Ludington was a very pet friendly town, we found it difficult to find restaurants that allowed dogs in their outdoor eating area. Timbers was one of very few, and I mean very few, places that allowed "non-service" dogs. I called ahead to make sure they allowed dogs they not only said of course, but they also let me make a reservation which was great since it was a Saturday evening. We were seated on their outdoor patio which was so nice. Loved the atmosphere. Music was playing and there was such a nice cool breeze coming in from the harbor where we could see the ships docking. Our waitress was great and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was fantastic. Everthing everyone ordered was delicious. My teens are picky eaters and they ate everything on their plate. The mac and cheese was especially delicious, I just cant stop talking about it. We will definitely eat here again when we come back to Ludington.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Over the 4th we made a reservation for a party of 7 and they were very accommodating. We were sat within a few minutes of our reservation time, but man was it hot! Not sure if they have ac inside?? Things seemed pretty unorganized, so when our waitress finally came to the table we ordered our drinks and our food at the same time. From the time we sat until a drink hit the table, 20 minutes had passed and one of the wine orders was incorrect. The waitress was very sweet and apologetic. The brussel sprout appetizer arrived shortly after the drinks and it was delicious. We did have to ask for silverware and napkins though. After being at the restaurant for an hour and 10 minutes, our entrees arrived. Everyone agreed that their meal was great. I especially appreciated that my salmon risotto was cooked perfectly. Overall... we loved our food and the menu is why we chose this restaurant; however, the service needs major improvement. As I said, our waitress was sweet and I feel like she was doing her best, but the manager needs to get things under control. I’ve worked in two restaurants so I see both sides. The food is awesome but if they don’t get the service and timing under control they will lose repeat business. I hope they fix it because I think the food warrants another visit.

1  Thank sunnydayz42
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Had a reservation for 6:30 with 7 Adults and a high chair for a one year old. We were seated right away but at a high top which put my baby eye level with our knees in the high chair. Not ideal. Dumb actually. Any way the crab fries were a great app as well as all entrees ordered. Problem was we only saw our server once after she took our order and that was to drop off a pitcher of water we didn't ask for. Other staff members delivered our food. A refill on our drinks would have been great. But no. So I'm not sure if it's a management thing or what but I know of one waitress who received a very poor tip tonight due to some BS service, considering the prices and all. I'm a fair patron who spent many years in the service industry and they were very busy establishments. So I've been on both sides of the table. If your looking to be disappointed, this is your place.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We had the Hawaiian chicken and Whitefish. Both were awesome! Nice sized portions and just delicious!

Been to Timbers? Share your experiences!