“Real good chinese”

Reviewed August 29, 2008

Real good chinese

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed July 25, 2008

Long ago we had a Hunan Garden in our hometown, and it had great food. Recently while on a drive up to Manistee, we thought we would stop in Ludington to look for a spot to stop for lunch. Seeing a Hunan Garden there we decided to stop. I wish we had not. There were 3 of us who ordered - an Onion Beef, Chicken Fried Rice and one Egg Roll. There was a buffet, but we ordered from the menu. My egg roll was plucked from the buffet, dropped on a plate and set in front of me. It was entirely dried out, the shriveled inside looked like it contained an old shoelace. I tried a bite, put it down, pushed the plate away and said "Oh well, I'm sure our food will be better." The onion beef was declared to taste like Dinty Moore from a can - only not as good" and the fried rice (how can you mess up fried rice?) was very mushy and the only thing it tasted like was salt. It's smell was reminiscent of an old sweaty sock. There were many other patrons, all eating their meals, so we felt funny complaining about it, We ended up leaving our uneaten food on the table, paying the bill and heading to the nearest drive through (not exactly the lunch we had in mind). My advice is skip it. Truly the worst restaurant food we've ever had.

1  Thank Lachimama