“They gave away my room {TWICE}”
Review of Lighthouse Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ludington
Lighthouse Motel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Ludington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Haven, Michigan
“They gave away my room {TWICE}”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stay here every weekend {november-january} and they gave away my room before Christmas and I let it slide, but then again this weekend SCOTT, either the owner or manager gave away my room again. THIS IS HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!!!!! especially as a repeat guest. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!! SCOTT ALWAYS SEEMED DRUG'D UP TO ME, AND THEY NEVER CLEAN YOUR ROOM.. THERE ARE STRANGE PEOPLE COMING AND GOING AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT!!!! The price is decent $40 cash a night, but for me driving 70 miles to find out they gave away my room AGAIN!!!! never!!!!! SO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS MOTEL........

Room Tip: DO not stay here.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rahcaeljk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed September 8, 2011

its an old mom and pa motel. The rooms have a bed, a tv and a bathroom with a shower. The rooms are clean and they are priced to fit my budget. There is mini golf, a beach and pier for fishing just a few blocks down the road. Or a little ways the other way is food and shopping, and the marina is two blocks the other way. Its located in a what feels like a very safe neighborhood. Walking to the pier to watch the sunset and then walking back to the motel after dark is no problem. The people who run the motel are very friendly and they make you feel right at home. My family spent the day at Michigans Adventure and then drove up to this motel and stayed 2 nights here. It was very relaxing and we felt right at home.

Room Tip: felt right at home
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Definitely a strange experience but people were friendly. The off season rate was $55 per night and we stayed 3 nights. They never cleaned our room the whole time we were there. They did ask if we needed fresh towels after the first night. I don't know if they only service the rooms where people have dogs when you put the sign out asking them to. I've never been to a hotel that didn't have a daily cleaning.
The clientele seemed less like vacationers and more like locals. People were working on cars in the parking lot all week, that was a little weird.
Bed was very uncomfortable and the shower wasn't much more than a dribble. Its a historic property though so its not going to be fancy.
Room was clean when we checked in and there were no bugs or rodents.
Location is great, you can walk to everything from here.

• Stayed August 2010
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,384 helpful votes
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We needed a one night stay in Ludington, in a low priced accomodation, before catching the ferry to Wisconsin at 8 AM the following day. For $80 a night, we didn't get much. The location is nice-just one block from the public beach/park and you can walk out to the lighthouse. Town is right before you, so you can walk to lots of different shops/restaurants. The room was very basic, a few minor things didn't work, like the TV remote, a light, a plug. It is dated. The beds were not very comfortable. There is a microwave and frig. However, it was the strangest customer service I think I have had in a motel. They took our money, and then moved onto the next people in line. I asked for our room keys. He asked what room were we in! I stated I didn't know, that he hadn't told us. He then had to look it back up...! So, then he gave us a room with one bed-and we had reserved 2 beds. So, back to the office, wait in line, and then ask for a 2 bed. Miraculously, they just had a cancellation for a 2 bed room! So, off we go out front (near the road), up the very steep stairs, across the deck (which we were concerned about), and to our room, which did indeed have 2 beds. However, this is Ludington and I suppose I was lucky to get the room in the first place during a holiday weekend. Parking lot SMALL! I highly suggest checking out other motels in the area before trying this one, but take it if it is the last one avaiable!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Desk help, small parking lot
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family