“If you love the outdoors . . .”

River Edge Gathering Place
Walker
“If you love the outdoors . . .”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time on this most interesting piece of property. We love exploring, hiking and photography, and heard about this place from family members who had stayed at the River Edge's B&B. There is so much diversity....a large spruce and pine forest, a tall prairie grass field, a usefully restored dam foundation hanging above the river, and the forested back drop view of the river is very unique for West Michigan. Saw so many different kinds of birds including waterfowl while walking along the long stretch of river bank.

One interesting thing we discovered while visiting with the owners was that they will be offering this place for weddings starting next spring. I know my daughters are not ready to get married, but if they do and want an outdoor venue this place will be on the top of our list. Really think this setting would be a dream come true for brides and their photographers.

We would strongly recommend River Edge for almost any type of outdoor gathering or group activity. It would be best described as an all natural private park. The terraced area near the river area is ideal for almost any sized tent, and would offer a picture perfect view of the river for all the guests. I am very confident we will be returning in the near future.

Michael G., Walker, Michigan