“Great overall experience”

Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
“Great overall experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in town for a business trip and decided to stay at Hyatt Place after the locals suggested another chain. I have stayed at other Hyatt Places before and wanted to stick with something I knew and liked after being disappointed on my last trip (at a different hotel brand).

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine and they have a pretty good variety for you to select from. Juices, bread for toast, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and some egg sandwiches too. My only complaint was the gym being too small and really didn't offer much other than a bike and treadmill. However, I would definitely go back should I return to the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The thing I love about Hyatt Place hotels is that they are consistent no matter which one you stay at. Same look and feel, easy to maneuver around in, etc. The front desk person was fantastic. We had a bunch of gift cards so they recommended we drop those off the next morning as we had breakfast as it can take a little extra time to get those through their system. She didn't want us to have to wait at check out. The breakfast (included) was very good as well. We went down for a Red Sox/Tigers game so we weren't too far away (20 minutes or so). Comfortable bed as well. The only negative was that the TV remote didn't want to work well. I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: if you have gift cards, leave them with the front desk person when you come down for breakfast; then...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I am on day two of my week long stay and had to take a moment to thank the manager, John, for making my stay even more comfortable.

My family and I are in town for the AAU Junior Olympics and had a really hard time finding hotel accommodations for the week. Thank God there was a Hyatt Place in the area with availability. There was only one problem ... I had to split our weeklong hotel stay into two different reservations under two different room types. And to my dismay, we had to switch rooms on the very day of my son's meet! Talk about stress! We would have to pack up everything, check into a new room, and make it to the meet check-in all before 9AM!

Luckily, all it took was one conversation with John. Understanding that the hotel was booked to capacity, my request was that we switch rooms the day after his first meet. Afterall, we would be free that day. But, John went that extra mile to ensure that we would not have to switch rooms at all.

Thanx, John, for ensuring that the only thing we'll have to worry about is our son running his race. You're the best!

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here as we were in town for a relative's wedding. The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. They gave us recommendations for places to eat and shop which was very helpful....lots of options close to the hotel. The room was spacious and clean with comfortable beds. The room has a refrig., in room coffee/tea maker and wet bar. The reasons for the 4/5 is lack of a microwave oven in room, and no airport shuttle. However, I realize this is not an airport location and that DTW is a bit of a "schlep" from Livonia.

Good value for the $.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Niagara
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were having trouble finding a hotel that could accommodate our four adults and two children in one room, but no difficulty at this hotel. We had two double beds and a larger than double pull-out couch. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. One of the best "free" breakfasts I've seen, and they even made vegetarian breakfast sandwiches for us. Centrally located, close to the convention centre and lots of shopping. Overall, a very good experience and highly recommended if you need to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dakm108
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for work/play for two nights with a few buddies for a 40th birthday road trip. Level of what you can expect from Hyatt Place. Staff were very friendly. TV's were updated, breakfast selection was good. Only complaint was noise levels in the hallway. I stayed at another Livonia hotel recently and this was far better. Great price value as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was yummy! The room was spacious and comfy! The only reason it received 4/5 stars...no jacuzzi ;(. After walking all day a jacuzzi or jacuzzi tub would be awesome!

Room Tip: Loved the king bed with pullout couch...spacious but fit the needs of my family.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family