I booked a room for two days at this hotel after getting being unsuccessful at finding one in Ann Arbor.
To be honest, the drive over to Ann Arbor wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and I actually found a gem in this hotel!
Room- Incredibly large, the couch is a full size L-sectional. The tv on a swivel was better than I had expected but can't be seen from the desk. The bathroom is quite small with the door barely clearing the front of the toilet. There are quite a number of nooks and crannies in the room that may not be at first noticed, like the mirrored closet next to the sink. I didn't love the bed, and really didn't like the odd small square shaped pillows (instead of rectangles) leaving me with a bit of difficulty finding a comfortable position.
Amenities- Free breakfast was well above expectations, with a great selection of the expected pastries, yogurt, fruit, cereal..etc. with the bonus of having the hot skillet items as part of the breakfast. The skillet options changed daily with a nicely seasoned egg and cheese biscuit on my plate the second morning. Yum! This is the breakfast I would have expected at a far nicer hotel. The fitness center, while very small, has great cardio equipment. The treadmills look very new with built in TVs and all the typical features you would want--perhaps missing a fan. The fitness room did feel a bit humid being near the pool.
Service- Self check-in is a great thing, and it was a breeze to do! The actual staff were very friendly and helpful in giving me the best routes to various businesses during rush hour traffic.
Location-Convenient access to the highway and surrounded by a ton of chain restaurants and a movie theater. Would also recommend a trip to the twelve oaks mall for shopping!
Overall, very surprised at how much I enjoyed this hotel and would certainly return on future business trips if Ann Arbor is not an option.
This hotel would be excellent for a family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia Hotel Livonia
- Hyatt Place Livonia
- Hyatt Place Detroit Livonia
- Hyatt Livonia
- Livonia Hyatt