“Horrible Help”

Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have an employee that stays there for one of our customers. He stays there months at a time. The staff was extremely rude an unfriendly. They are constantly going to his room and trying to kick him out. They will not call the office to ask to extend his stay. When you call Ciera answers the phone and all she says is "ok"? I have never dealt with anyone that rude. I am extremely disappointed. He is currently still there and he has been there since April 2013. You would think the customer service would be extremely happy to keep our business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christine T
There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't do it. Horrible dirty place. Stayed for two weeks full size bed. Front desk assigned to filthy room that needed more than housekeeping. I will post pictures later. Horrible dirty mattresses, sheets, entire room. Filthy carpet. Make sure you check out the rooms, especially the filthy mattresses and boxsprings that look like blood was shed. Who knows whats lurking in those beds and under. Bugs came to mind. Then I had a bug in last room I decided to stay in because the boxsprings were encased. I used bug spray. Bug fell off ceiling and crawled under bed. Looks like someone was bludgeoned. Advised front desk who advsd I could look at two more rooms where the same issue existed. In additioned unprofessional uneducated staff rude, dumb and slow. Was called one hour before checkout to advise I needed to pay almost $100 more for an extended stay when I should have been told the day before or when I called 2 days prior to extend my stay of the additional cost and due date policy. Not even worth the headache. Cheap, dirty, outdated rooms. Ghetto staff.

• Stayed: December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your visit with us. The conditions you described are truly regrettable and I apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are properly resolved. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to meet that goal. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at LIV@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We needed a place to stay for two months while we were moving from one house to another. The price was the most competitive, the staff was awesome, location was great. The rooms are a little small, you have to pay for high speed wi-fi, and the rooms could use a little more furniture. (Maybe add a weight room)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DavidShrader
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

David- I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and location. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Tried out one weekly rate for double size room with free Wi-Fi with options to pay for increased internet speeds but was too restricted to pay for upgrades. The room is just too small and only had one lousy chair not many TV channels that even work right. The location of the hotel is good the overall appearance of the room and hotel is average. Never had housekeeping or room service the entire week but that was fine by me. Typical studio just another place to stay not a fan.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our accommodations didn't meet your standards. To uphold our company's high standards, we will work on providing better WIFI access moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Liv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stay here for over 3 months for my last semester of MBA program in the area and had a great stay experience with no issue and friendly staff and very good price for just few months of stay and not getting into any lease and buying furniture!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Owais- I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff. Congratulations on completing your MBA program as well.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My stay was one of a need and not a vacation, moving to detroit in a moments notice left me without a place to stay. The Crossland location was close to my new job and the shops and stores nearby were very helpful , the price also was affordable and the staff were always nice. A good place to stay that feels like home

Room Tip: Decide if you need to be on the first or second floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad that the staff and I were able to meet your expectations. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our hotel's location, especially the nearby shopping center and other establishments in the area. We hope your new job is going well!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I ve stayed at crossland studios for a month and a half and i can say that it was a great experience overall and a great staff to deal with especially Kenya and Cierra.

The location is perfect since it is very close to Wonderland Village where you can find several restaurants , shops...Also close to Walmart, Target , Meijer , Marshalls..

I do recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Eliane - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Kenya and Cierra went above and beyond for you. We try to give the same level of service to all our guests. As well, I am happy that you found our location to be perfect, close to Wonderland Village like you wanted.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
#3 of 15 in Livonia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia
Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth
Towneplace Suites Detroit Livonia

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia? Share your experiences!