“A very good experience”

Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My stay was one of a need and not a vacation, moving to detroit in a moments notice left me without a place to stay. The Crossland location was close to my new job and the shops and stores nearby were very helpful , the price also was affordable and the staff were always nice. A good place to stay that feels like home

Room Tip: Decide if you need to be on the first or second floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad that the staff and I were able to meet your expectations. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our hotel's location, especially the nearby shopping center and other establishments in the area. We hope your new job is going well!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I ve stayed at crossland studios for a month and a half and i can say that it was a great experience overall and a great staff to deal with especially Kenya and Cierra.

The location is perfect since it is very close to Wonderland Village where you can find several restaurants , shops...Also close to Walmart, Target , Meijer , Marshalls..

I do recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Eliane - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Kenya and Cierra went above and beyond for you. We try to give the same level of service to all our guests. As well, I am happy that you found our location to be perfect, close to Wonderland Village like you wanted.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am currently staying here because it is close to the school I am attending and the staff has been nothing but great. The place is very simple but quaint. I enjoy how the rooms are setup and how close the major stores and freeways are placed within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris_Bussell
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Chris - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, our convenient location and our staff. We hope you are enjoying school!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

i enjoy my stay at the livonia e.s. i have been here for 3 years. the staff treats us like family. they are professional. its conviently located by a major freeway, and not to mention a host of restuarants. there is a clean and safe laundry facility here. theres a huge parking lot available. the staff is wonderful. there are several shopping and grocery stores near by. my family will be here possibly for another year, im glad we chose to stay here. i am a heart patient and the staff always show their concerns for me. i appreciate that. i had 5 heart attacks and open heart surgery since living here. i highy recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenya D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we've been able to create a "home away from home" experience for you. The staff and I have truly enjoyed having you as a guest!

Thank you again for your review. We wish you the absolute best with your health, and if there is anything that we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

i was there for three months. i went to work in the morning around 8am and came back around 7pm. once a week my room was cleaned and i kept it clean also. if something didn't work i tell the mgr and she took care of it. i was able to reach the front desk easily during regular operation hours but if its late night i have to wait couple of minutes out in the cold but its understandable (because it's not the normal operating hours but there always somebody there). The front desk ppl are nice with me every time i had a problem with the key cards. The laundry room was fine but sometimes one of them were not working). i also cooked my meals over there. overall i am happy with my stay.

Room Tip: they have many types of rooms so understand wht type your getting ahead of time so you chk-in will b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to wait outside for our night attendant and the laundry machines experienced a few hiccups; however, I am extremely pleased to hear that our housekeeping team kept your room clean and that the Manager was able to assist you. We love hearing you were happy with your stay!

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope you will visit with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Two of us were in the Detroit for business and stayed at the Crossland, Livonia for two nights. Checking in was painful. Thank goodness we were the only ones checking in at the time. Even though we had reservations the process took about 15 minutes. I was assigned a room close to the office my compatriot was assigned a room on the second floor and came down at once informing the office staff that the room was not ready and had not been cleaned from the previous guest. After some consultation he was assigned another room that was ready. The downside of this room is that the phone never worked for the two days we were there. This made it impossible to communicate with each other regarding plans. On the positive side; when I got home I found that I had left my special alarm clock in the room. I called the next day and asked if it had been turned in by housekeeping. Yes it had. I asked if they could send it to me at my expense and the manager said they would.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EP-Guy
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been staying at this Crossland location for a very long time because it is extremely convenient and within walking distance of literally hundreds of stores, restaurants and other attractions. It is within half a mile of Wonderland Village, a shopping center that used to be an enclosed mall but now is a nice strip shopping center with everything you could ever need. The staff at this location (Keisha, Kenya, Cory, Ashton at the front desk -- and pretty much everyone from housekeeping to maintenance supporting -- are generally pleasant and helpful in a way that most business cannot consistently achieve. -Pat

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I wanted to personally respond to your recent review. Thank you very much for your very kind words. It's rewarding to hear our staff is consistently delivering on our committment to exceptional guest service. I'm happy to hear you are pleased with the location of the hotel as well. I agree that the new restaurants, etc within walking distance is a great addition to the area. Thank you again for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Hospitality Hotel
Hospitality Hotel
#3 of 15 in Livonia
Towneplace Suites Detroit Livonia

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia? Share your experiences!