Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia
$132
EmbassySuites.com
$93
Great 4.5/5
Towneplace Suites Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$109
$93
TownePlace Suites
$95
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Inn Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$99
$74
$129
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$119
Hospitality Hotel(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$90
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Residence Inn Detroit Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$97
Residence Inn
$116
Great 4.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stayed at The Crossland with my one year old daughter for a week. I was surprised at how clean and updated the room was especially since I only paid $193 for the whole 7 days! I was not afraid to let my daughter play on the floors. There were some good and bad things about this hotel though.
Pros:
-Clean rooms
-Safe location
-Great price
-Friendly staff
-Close to shopping
Cons:
-Small rooms
-Air Conditioner/Heater does not maintain a consistent temp.
-Washer and Dryers expensive. $2 each and dryers work very poorly.
-Large gap under door so it was very drafty.
-No complimentry coffee but McDonald's is extremely close so its easy to walk there.
I would not stay here for more than a week because of how cramped I felt in the room but it is definitely worth the money to stay for a week or less.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I recently had an extended visit in Michigan, I stayed at Crossland in Livonia. The Manager here was most efficient, courteous and knowledgeable. The other associates were very friendly, helpful, patient and courteous. If I had to recommend a place to stay in Michigan, this would be it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I was happily surprised when I entered my guest room.
It was a little small, but neat & clean and very updated.
No real problems with the hotel . There was no telephone service in my room, Im not sure about other rooms but I doubt it. I had a cell phone with me so it was not a big deal
except when i wanted to call the front desk to complain about the noise.
The walls are very thin and I am a light sleeper.
The problem with this hotel is the other guests(residents?) staying/living there.
It is a low budget extendedstay hotel and there was shady activity going on late into the
night/morning hours. Midnight to 3 am cars pulling in and out, people
coming and going! I didnt sleep well all, only a few hrs a night.
I will not stay here again. What a shame because the hotel is okay and a good value.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I have stayed at the Crossland - Livonia several times. Every time is wonderful. The staff is beyond helpful and attentive. The rooms are clean decorated very comfortably as if I were at home. The location is perfect since the family loves McDonalds and WalMart, being that they are seconds away from the hotel. There are fast food chains as well as family dine-in restaurants close by. Parking is a breeze. There are many accomodations for persons with handicaps. I would say that overall I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a homely environment.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msdiannii
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I use Hotwire quite a bit when traveling to see if I can get a bargain, and I usually get a great price and an OK room. Usually, the low price comes with remodeling or a view of a wall, etc., so I am not expecting a Four Seasons when I get a $29 per night rate.

The outside of this property is clean and quiet despite being next to a GM engine plant and across the street from a Ford transmission plant. There is a nice McDonalds out front and a number of upscale fast food places just down the street across from the Walgreen's. A good central location for side trips to Ann Arbor, Yipsi, Troy, Lansing, Detroit, and Dearborn.

Inside I had a different first impression. The room (104) had a strong smell of disinfectant/insecticide, the refrigerator door was kicked in, the blanket threadbare, and as I found out the next morning the toilet didn't clear properly. At the office they said the maintenance man would be in later in the day. I had to ask for a new room, it was not offered. They gave me number 106 which had a refrigerator that looked new, a clean and newer blanket, and the strong smell of a smoker; but at least it was clean and the smell was better than the disinfectant/insecticide. Besides since I already went through the process of changing rooms once; I opened the window, went down to Walgreen's, bought a discount can of room spray, and sprayed away before moving in. The smell went away quickly and did not return.

Other than the first room and the smoking room for the second everything else was fine. But considering the $29 rate, I can put up with a little hassel, but not a broken toilet and a junked room.

I have three more stays with Extended Suites properties coming up in the next two months, also at a $29 rate. Maybe I'll go up to a $39 room next time I use Hotwire. It seems all the "limited Service" properties on Hotwire are ESA places.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo