“Never again”

Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Livonia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at hotels of the same chain, in both Missouri and Wisconsin, that were very good. So I expected something similar in Livonia. I booked a handicapped accessible room. When I checked in, I was put on the second floor because the hotel had no clue about what kind of room I had booked. Poor communication.

I was "upgraded" to a first floor room, but if that was an upgrade, the first room must have been pretty bad. The room we ended up in was in poor condition. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, sagging toward the middle. The outlet near the bed had unsafe bare wires. The sink faucet leaked profusely every time it was turned on. The phone message light flashed all night, even though there no messages. And the back of the door looked like someone had taken potshots at it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hotelguest28512, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
First I would like to apologize for the bad stay you had here with us. However the communication problem could have come from the booking agent, I will gladly look into this on behalf of you and my staff. also regarding the maintenance issues you had with the second room has been taken care of. the door however was fine, even though I'm not quite sure what a potshot is. Again I would still like to apologize for any mishaps you encountered and if you are ever in this area again please give us another chance to satisfy your needs.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the time we checked into our room until they finally passed out around 3 am, the person in the room above us walked around pacing the floor and making the floor squeak. They left around 11:30 pm which I prayed to fall asleep, but the bed was so hard and the pillow was like a huge marshmallow, that I couldn't. They returned within the hour and the pacing started again. All I can say is Drug head!!!!! Oh yeah, we randomly got a wake up call at 3:45 am!!!! I had to wake up at 5:45 to go to work. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotelguest28512, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

I'm sorry about the horrible night stay you had on your recent visit to our hotel.
I can not apologize enough regarding the noisy guests that were above your room.
The wake-up call you received in the middle of the night should have never happened. Our front desk staff is very well at making sure these timers are turned on and off to accommadate all guests. however, they did seem to miss your room call. With this I do apolgize and hope you will consider giving our hotel another chance to accommadate you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had stayed here in the past was not a fan. So when I got stuck here for work I was very upset. Then at check in I saw new faces be-hide the front desk and found out the hotel had new management. The manager put me up in the building that had just been re-done and the room still smelt like paint, which I am not complaining because the old owners didn't take care of the hotel at all. There was not much for breakfast the first day, but muffins were brought in the next morning and the coffee was always fresh. I guess the girl be-hide the counter is in love with coffee. When I got bored at night I walked down to the front desk and a very nice conversation with the older gentleman about when the renovation will be completely done. Between the managers and staff I was happy enough and will stay here again for work.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I am very happy that you are willing to Stay with us again and that you are very understanding about the new management. We look forward to seeing you again and we hope that we have more things for you enjoy when you do.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

1st off, don't let the photos fool you like they did us. Curtains were dirty, tub wasn't clean, no fitted sheets for the, beds. We had a 3 nite stay, no maid made the beds, brought clean towels & no cleaning at all. To top it off it was infested with bugs. I will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest
I am sorry that you stay here was unpleasent. We Did address the proplem and have an a company come in once a week to check our rooms. We are sorry about the poor houseing as well they have all been informed and trained to clean the rooms much better. We hope that you do give us another chance, seeing as how we are under new management and doing every thing we can to make all of the guest happy.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

The staff was very responsive to our concerns but the chef is only as good as his/her ingredients. Two room changes, three rooms total, and couldn't find a working safe. The rooms smelled strongly of carpet fresh, and the carpets had a suspicious disinfectant slickness to them. One room saw a headboard with someone's initials carved into it. We spent the night in the handicapped room: No place to hang the hand held shower head so my husband and I took turns holding the shower head for each other. The bed and pillows were comfortable. There were adequate environmental controls. No rowdy guests, quiet night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
maclivonia, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We would like to apologize that no everything was perfect during your stay. We have addressed the safe and carpet issues with our staff and they have been taken care of. We appreciate the kind words and hope you will come back and see us in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Price is right, room was clean but the complete motel is showing it's age and not being kept up.
The "queen" bed was maybe full. The first room they gave me, the door would not open. The motel was almost completely empty yet the check in clerk had to really search for a room for me - strange.
The whole area is run down and falling down.

Room Tip: don't stat here
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers. We are pleased that you found the room clean and would like to say we are sorry for the other issues you had.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

the rooms are very clean and warm they really keep them up and the people are very friendly i don't stay no where else but there rooms are always open for my convenience i have even got my family to stay there and they really enjoyed it and the price keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
maclivonia, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Livonia/Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you again soon.