Residence Inn Detroit Livonia
Hampton.com
$169
$101
TownePlace Suites
Comfort Inn Livonia(Livonia)(Great Value!)
$88
$119
Courtyard
$64
QualityInn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Renovations are not finished yet but I like the results so far! New urban look.I agree with the other reviews and my good experiences were with the two ladies that work in the kitchen, for breakfast and dinner; Hope and Shevan make everybody feel welcome and taken care of. Everybody on staff is very polite.I would be back to this Residence Inn Livonia.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lidia m
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you Lidia for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Residence Inn Livonia. We are very excited about our renovations and glad you enjoyed them. More importantly, I am pleased that my breakfast and evening social staff made such a positive impression during your time here.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Even through the renovations that's going on normal living wasn't interrupted.The crew worked clean and stopped working mid afternoon so noise wasn't a issue. The hotel serves dinner mon-thurs and breakfast daily. The housekeeping staff is GREAT! The manager Aretha was very helpful with my family. Cora, Dominique and the rest of her team always made away to accommodate us because of our dog. They are thorough and cleanliness is shown. Jeannette at the desk very helpful and always cheerful. I would stay here again no doubt about it. The only knock is you can't make a left hand turn onto 6 mile off Fox Rd but that's the City of Livonia

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 4-1Tim
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you 4-1Tim for your glowing Trip Advisor review! I am so proud that my staff made such an impact on your stay that you remembered them by name. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and our goal is for you to leave feeling like you were a part of our Residence Inn Family. As our renovations are winding down I am glad to hear that the impact on you was minimal and hopefully you were able to stay in one of our newly renovated suites.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to continuing to provide you with exceptional customer service.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I just came back from a two day stay at this RI. The staff was probably the nicest staff I have ever encountered at any hotel...EVER! They went out of their way to be polite and made me feel welcome.

While the room was nice (they put me in a two bedroom suite) the bedding wasn't as good as I have experienced at other hotels or RIs. The mattress wasn't that comfortable and after two nights, my back let me know it. The pillows were also not that comfortable.

Another point of contention I had was the lack of kitchen pans and skillets. One of the main points of staying at a RI is there is a kitchen to cook your food. You can't do that if there are no skillets or pans to use in the oven. I had to go and buy some aluminum foil to make an improvised baking pan to cook both turkey bacon and cod fish. And when I did, the ventilation in the room was so poor that it resulted in the smoke alarm going off. I had to open windows to let the room get fresh air and climb on a chair and press the kill button.

So would I go back? Well probably. If I was in the area again and needed a room I might. There are two other Marriott hotels on the same grounds that I might try first.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably the same so any room would be as good as the other.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank daf62757
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Good afternoon daf62757 and thank you for taking the time to share your stay at the Residence Inn Livonia on Trip Advisor! I am please to hear that overall your stay went well and that the staff was exceptional! I am so sorry to hear that your room did not have pots or pans. Normally in the two bedroom suites the pots and pans are located in the drawer under the oven but sometimes the are taken and not replaced. In the future should your room be missing anything or your need additional cooking utensils please do not hesitate to contact the front desk and we will make sure we get you taken care of.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Livonia area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was a wonderful and very pleasant surprise to find my car completely cleaned off from the recent snowfall! In speaking with a person I saw cleaning off another car, I found out it was one of the hotel staff. As I thanked him a hundred times over, in further conversation found out that this was common practice they did for all guests. They even had a box of snow brushes and scrapers in the main lobby area for anyone who needed them. In all of my years of travelling, this is the very fist time I have ever encountered this, and I have stayed at some of the very best hotels across the U.S.

The entire staff from front desk to housekeeping had the same level of customer service along with the most pleasant attitudes to go with it.

Great customer service, kudos to the management and entire staff!

This hotel is my #1 choice next time I'm in the Detroit/Livonia area.

Room Tip: If you're staying 10 or more days, ask for special rates for extended stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LauraNJ41
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Residence Inn Livonia on Trip Advisor. I'm very proud of my staff for making your stay an exceptional one and that they left a positive impression on you. I am actually the person that cleaned off the cars after the snow. Though this is a service that I try to provide as often as possible it is not something that we are always able to do. With the amount of snow that we have seen this year I have been fortunate to have been able to try to make our guests mornings a bit better by waking up to a cleaned off car. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

It was conveniently located. The room was exactly as expected. I had asked for a room that hadn't had a pet recently and I was told they looked back in the records to make sure that's what I got. I didn't have an allergic reaction. The microwave didn't work and they fixed it immediately. Would have like some pots and pans. Only thing negative was the long hair on the kitchen counter.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. I'm pleased to hear that your stay went well, I only wish we had caught the hair on the counter and double checked the microwave so that you didn't have to wait for it to be repaired. Thank you again for your kind feedback and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Livonia area.