“Amazing Staff”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
michigan
“Amazing Staff”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

What great customer service. I have stayed here many times in the past year the staff is amazing rooms are great and location couldnt be better. Very quiet rooms. Breakfast in the morning was great. Weekend Breakfast girl very friendly I believe her name was amanda. Very upbeat for so early in morning and on top of things the whole time. Always Fresh food.When In livonia this is the only place I will continue to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience while staying at our hotel. We are so happy your enjoyed your stay and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Livonia area.

Thanks for staying with us!

Matt Bennett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My daughters volleyball team stayed here thisn past weekend for a 2 day volleyball tournament. I was in charge of reserving all the rooms(9 in total). From reserving the rooms on this hotel was so very accomodating! Starting with Sarah the Account Manager e mailing me and asking me a few questions like if we were all going to be checking in together as a group, how many people were going to be in each room, and stuff like that so she could make sure they were ready for us and fully staffed. WOW...way to be prepared! When we were checking in the lady at the desk was so very nice. She told us that the free hot breakfast started at 7AM on weekends but they knew our team had to leave a little before that so they were going to try to get it out early so we could enjoy it. She said at the very least the bagels, cereal, and cold stuff would be out for us. Both saturday and Sunday all the hot food was out and ready and waiting for us! So nice of them to go out of their way for us. The rooms are wonderful....especially if youa re staying more than 1 night. Having the full fridge and kitchen stuff made life easier since we needed to have food to bring to the tournament each day. It was also nice having the bedrooms seperated from the living room.

I WILL make sure to stay in this hotel for every up coming volleyball or whatever trip I need to make to that area. Never have I been so impressed with a hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having all of you. We take great pride in trying to anticipate our guests needs and delivering service to try to exceed their expectations. Thank you so much for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Livonia area.

Matt Bennet
MI
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed here one night mid-week while attending a seminar. I got the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite and shared it with a business colleague. It was great because we were able to sit together in the living room to talk business, but had our own bedroom/bath for privacy.

This was not the typical Residence Inn style of 2 bedroom suites that I have stayed in before. But I liked it better. The style that I am used to has a loft bedroom/bath. This was all one level and seemed to have just as much space.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad to hear that you and your coworker enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Livonia! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am glad that our two bedroom suite suited your needs. The room that you are referring to with the Loft is what we call a "Penthouse suite". That style of suite is often found in the older generation of Residence Inn's and Marriott has switched to the Two Bedroom as they continue to build new hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Livonia area.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a week. It was realy cold outside with occasional snow and one would expect a perfect room in this kind of climate to be warm and comfortable. Residence Inn rooms were perfect for that. Gave a cosy atmosphere - nice spacious and well laid out rooms, wonderful staff who were cheerful and helpful all the time, good food...Overall enjoyed the stay thoroughly - perfect for extended stays..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments on your stay here at the Residence Inn Livonia. I am pleased to hear that your stay went well and that our staff was pleasant and helpful. We take great pride in our rooms as well as trying to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Livonia area.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed at this Residence Inn for a week while visiting family and everything was perfect. The price was very reasonable for what you get, large room, breakfast and evening meals. Service was great and the room was really clean and fresh. It is hard to stay in a tiny hotel room with no extras when you can have a huge suite and some meals thrown in! I will definitely be staying at this Residence Inn when I visit my family in Michigan from now on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Paoli, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I travel to Livonia, MI several weeks a month and this is the only hotel I will stay at. I've tried a few others in the area and found that this is by far the best. The staff is amazing, everyone is so helpful, friendly, and professional- from the AM, Justin (who is amazing), to the staff you may pass in the hall. Traveling so much, it is so nice to feel like you are going to visit friends instead of just being another guest in a big, unfriendly hotel. The staff goes out of their way to learn your name and make you feel welcome whenever they see you.
The hotel is clean and a great location (lots of great places to eat nearby).
Besides a friendly staff and clean hotel one of the most important things for me as a female business traveler is the feeling of safety. I have arrived at the hotel more than once late at night, when normal people are sleeping. I have always felt perfectly safe coming and going, walking the halls or outside at all hours. I highly recommend you try this hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: all the rooms have kitchens however some only have cook tops while others have full stoves. If you w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank P E
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I hate giving 2 stars unless a hotel really deserves it, and for the most part, this hotel doesn't. Reception staff were friendly and got me checked in right away. Room was nice and clean (except for a stray peanut on the floor that I stepped on... Good thing I'm not allergic!). The breakfast and dinner reception were decent, probably better than some that I have been to. The light in the bathroom made noise when it was turned on and the AC was a bit loud, but that I could deal with. What dropped my rating from 3 to 2 stars were the bed and pillows. Both were miserable, and I woke up feeling more tired than I was when I went to bed. They were so uncomfortable, I tossed and turned and woke up at least every 30 minutes both nights I stayed there. For that reason alone, I would not recommend this hotel and will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business