“Very clean but outdated.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center

Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
“Very clean but outdated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed here a few times when I've been short on cash. Nothing really too impressive. Interior needs updating badly. The only things new are the microwave and fridge. I've had problems with ants when staying in a room that has a sliding door to the parking lot. I'm pregnant and had a terrible time trying to sleep because the mattress has no give at all. It's like sleeping on the floor. The staff is pleasant however. And the rooms have always been clean. So if you just need a place to stay for the night, it's fine. Other than that, keep looking.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RachyReny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Traverse City, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was looking for a cheaper hotel to stay at for the night before continuing on with our lengthy drive home. The pictures provided on TripAdvisor are way better than what we saw! I wish I would have taken pictures to show the dirty hotel we stayed at. I commented, as we checked in, on the "fantasy suites" they have available (in a joking manner bc it seemed super cheesy) and the reception lady said she would advise against them because they are the most popular rooms in the hotel, especially from guys who live 10 minutes away and staying with someone that isn't their wife. As we got to our room, the room was dirty and used, so we got another room. Our second room was gross!! I felt I needed to shower before bed and when I woke up to get the filth off. They had nice mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms, but old school tube TVs. Both showers I took were nuke warm at best and kept hearing noises that someone was trying to get into our room. As we entered the hotel there was trash overflowing and piled up next to the trash can, which was still there when we checked out the next morning. The room and hallways smelled of stale cigarettes and trash. The $70 we paid for a king room was overpriced. I would pay no more than $40 for this place!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank balanced559

Travelers are raving about these Livonia hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything was good except the attitude of receptionist & the lady managing breakfast. We had booked two rooms but were given non-connected rooms right opposite each other. And then, we found that the lock between our room & the one connected to ours was broken. We reached a li'l late, so requested the receptionist to allocate us connected rooms but were refused on pretext of that the hotel was booked. No efforts were made to fix the lock. The room was clean & bed was comfortable.
The lady managing breakfast was not willing to fill-in empty trays for scrambled eggs & milk after 9am though breakfast time is till 9:30am. Was quite rude when reminded of replacing finished stuff like butter/jelly. Yogurt was expired.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sapna J
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times over the years. This time the drawers were dirty and the blanket was dirty but they did change it out once I complain. The microwave works but has a large dent. Also if you pay a flat weekly rate breakfast is not included you have to pay $30 extra per person. Thats not fair.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Truckercj
Farwell, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

After a few mediocre visits to the Choice line of hotels, my expectations weren't very high. I'm happy to report that this particular Quality Inn raised that bar significantly. I was unsure about the area, as I'm not familiar with this part of the state - our oldest is here with her family, and we were trying to squeeze in a quick anniversary celebration on our way to visit them. The Asian Fantasy suite was larger than I expected from the pictures, very well decorated and relaxing. Our room was located toward the back of the hotel, so there was no road noise at all. We didn't notice any noise from doors/ice machines or other guests. The climate control worked well - almost too well!, the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean and soft, the bathroom had everything thing we needed and was fully functional. The jacuzzi was perfect for the relaxing evening we needed. There is a sports bar at the front of the hotel - if we hadn't seen it on check in, we never would have known it was there. Since there was nothing we needed in the room, I can't speak to the responsiveness of the staff to needs, but the front desk clerk was very friendly and informative on check in.

All in all, it was a nice, inexpensive jacuzzi suite for our quick anniversary celebration. Thank you, Quality Inn, Livonia!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the rear of the hotel avoid road noise; the suites are large and reasonably priced.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Micki M
Southfield, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was basically forced to stay here after 3 previously 'unpleasing' stays' at other hotels. I began my stay on Fathers Day, June 2012, and it ended in August 2012 (I was in the middle of an insurance claim). I was placed in the VIP Business Suite which was nice and quaint. The hotel looked slightly 'unmodern; 70ish' but I did not mind because the staff was absolutely excellent (except 1 particular front desk clerk but the manager took care of that). My room was cleaned daily, front desk clerks were always helpful, housekeeping & maintenance always resonded promptly to my requests and the manager was quick to handle problems that I felt were issues for me. The room wasnt very 'updated' (TV's were not flat screens) but they showed a good picture and were in good shape. The bed was extremely comfortable and the matress was fairly newer. Sometimes, I had to deal with cigarette (& marijuana) smoking from other rooms but it was dealt with quickly and swiftly; the ice machine was kinda loud. Although this may not be the most updated hotel the customer service is well-worth the stay. It was always clean, smelled fresh and the mood of staff was friendly & professional. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who may be spending a couple of days and looking for a hotel. They also have specialty rooms that are worth a look.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms by the doors/ice machine; it closes & shuts loudly.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PLP71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center? Share your experiences!