“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Farwell, Michigan
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After a few mediocre visits to the Choice line of hotels, my expectations weren't very high. I'm happy to report that this particular Quality Inn raised that bar significantly. I was unsure about the area, as I'm not familiar with this part of the state - our oldest is here with her family, and we were trying to squeeze in a quick anniversary celebration on our way to visit them. The Asian Fantasy suite was larger than I expected from the pictures, very well decorated and relaxing. Our room was located toward the back of the hotel, so there was no road noise at all. We didn't notice any noise from doors/ice machines or other guests. The climate control worked well - almost too well!, the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean and soft, the bathroom had everything thing we needed and was fully functional. The jacuzzi was perfect for the relaxing evening we needed. There is a sports bar at the front of the hotel - if we hadn't seen it on check in, we never would have known it was there. Since there was nothing we needed in the room, I can't speak to the responsiveness of the staff to needs, but the front desk clerk was very friendly and informative on check in.

All in all, it was a nice, inexpensive jacuzzi suite for our quick anniversary celebration. Thank you, Quality Inn, Livonia!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the rear of the hotel avoid road noise; the suites are large and reasonably priced.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Micki M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Southfield, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was basically forced to stay here after 3 previously 'unpleasing' stays' at other hotels. I began my stay on Fathers Day, June 2012, and it ended in August 2012 (I was in the middle of an insurance claim). I was placed in the VIP Business Suite which was nice and quaint. The hotel looked slightly 'unmodern; 70ish' but I did not mind because the staff was absolutely excellent (except 1 particular front desk clerk but the manager took care of that). My room was cleaned daily, front desk clerks were always helpful, housekeeping & maintenance always resonded promptly to my requests and the manager was quick to handle problems that I felt were issues for me. The room wasnt very 'updated' (TV's were not flat screens) but they showed a good picture and were in good shape. The bed was extremely comfortable and the matress was fairly newer. Sometimes, I had to deal with cigarette (& marijuana) smoking from other rooms but it was dealt with quickly and swiftly; the ice machine was kinda loud. Although this may not be the most updated hotel the customer service is well-worth the stay. It was always clean, smelled fresh and the mood of staff was friendly & professional. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who may be spending a couple of days and looking for a hotel. They also have specialty rooms that are worth a look.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms by the doors/ice machine; it closes & shuts loudly.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PLP71
Cheboygan, Michigan
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Room comfortable & quiet--good a/c unit with fan & cool with fan options//--close to restaurants & stores--bathroom fan wasn't working & room needed better dusting & the bathroom ceiling and door needed painting, but room was roomy & had everything you needed, even a nightlight/air freshener! Nice view of courtyard from doorwall with trees!! Fridge & microwave. Breakfast buffet good, except had no eggs the 1st day of our 2 day stay. Lobby interesting with fountain & adorable pet birds in cage & computer available for those w/o a laptop. No complimentary water or snacks here, so bring your own or buy from the mini store behind the front desk.

Room Tip: We had room 146 & it was great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The area seemed safe at night and we were around several restaurants and stores on the same block. Everyone at the hotel was really nice and professional.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vmobe
California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our room was a good value for the money. It was clean and comfortable. The furnishings were good and had a newer microwave and refrigerator. The mattress was very comfortable. The breakfast had a good selection.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skikingCalifornia
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2010

They had a nice clerk workig at the desk on the 9th of Oct. 9,2010, who informed me that they would have to hold 100.00 deposit for any damges to the room. I informed her that I did not have all the cash, she told me she can put a authorized hold on my card until mornning and just come up front to pay cash when I check out. My card wont be charged, why when i check out at the front desk the charged my card ANY WAY,AND WHEN i ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER HE CAME TO THE FRONT RUDE, LOUD AND TOLD ME WHAT DO i THINK AUTHORIZED MEAN??? I informed him that im aware of what authorized means but I was also told it wouldnt go through if i paid the cash. He started yelling in front of other customers talking over me and then told me to get out his hotel , that I was nothing but a trouble maker. Because they messed up charging my card. WOW I was soooooo upset and in disbelief how this so called manager handled the situation and I'm a supervisor. I wouldnt recommend this hotel if my life depended on it, so Quality Inn say thank to your hostile manager Sammy. You can best to believe i will be posting this situation on my page and any others that I may find.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
9 Thank trice712

Travelers are raving about these Livonia hotels

central ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed here on our way back through Detroit area. Older motel, age is showing. Tub has faucet handles (H and C), but I liked the 2-tier soap dishes on the tub wall. (Often soap dishes are too low for me; this one was just right.) Nice bed, pillows. Ground floor room had sliding glass door; check to make sure it is locked and has the blocking rod in place to prevent opening. Roomy, good ac/heating unit; set thermostat for actual degree preference. TV worked well and had good number of selections. Breakfast was minimal: scrambled eggs, greasy sausage, 2 dry cereals, typical assortment of bread/pastry items, some fruit. OJ had an off taste to it, apple juice was ok. Advertises outside “Low Daily/Weekly Rates”. Location left me a bit uncomfortable, but had no problems. Birds in cage in lobby; their water looked a bit neglected (dirty and low level), but we were there for only the late afternoon/early morning. Front hallway did not have smoky smell when we were there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Livonia/Novi
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center? Share your experiences!