“What an amazing experience ! ! ! !”

BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Livonia
“What an amazing experience ! ! ! !”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

First off, let me start off by saying I honestly was a little sceptical about going to this hotel after i read all of the reviews, but at $99 for a jacuzzi room, you couldn't beat it....This Hotel completely blew me away. They have just finished renovating due to new ownership and let me just say WOW ! !....The pictures on the website do not do justice. Everything has been replaced from bottom up and the room was SPOTLESS.The Staff was amazing helpful in every way possible and the 6 by 5 jacuzzi in the room took me by complete surpirse. I will definetely be back in the future, what a pleasant surpirse.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Check in was no problem.

We rented this room to have a place to crash after we took our friend out for her Bachelorette Party. We came into the room before hand and set up decorations.

When we came back after the party one of the games we had set up was missing from the room. Someone had come into our room and stolen something! We contacted the front desk and all he could say was, "Well, everyone that was here earlier is gone now so you'll have to ask in the morning".

It was nothing of value, and we easily replaced it by making our own game, but the violation of having hotel staff enter our room (and steal something!), especially since we had just checked in a few hours before, it wasn't as though it needed a cleaning, was enough to guarantee that we will never stay there again.

Everything else was fine, except for the comforters, which were filthy, but we always bring our own blankets to places like this anyhow.

• Disliked — Hotel staff stole from guests while we were out of the room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I shared a room with 2 friends. Had to get additional towels from front desk on arrival. Housekeeping was terrible. Ran out of towels, toilet paper, kleenix, room not cleaned properly. Then to top it off, my American Express Travellers cheque was refused in payment. This was extremely upsetting. I would definitely not stay here again. At the cost of $99 per night, i did expect at least a 4 star hotel. Could have stayed at the Mariott for under $70.

• Liked — Can't think of a thing
  • Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Elkhart, IN
Reviewed April 8, 2008

When we checked-in and got to our room, it was dirty already.
The carpet was sticky, it had old clothes in the closet, an empty bag of chips in one drawer.
At the check-in, they said they would find a crib for us, but after a few hours they simply declared they couldn't find it...
After a lot of discussion, they finally agreed to get us some blankets and 1 extra pillow, so our baby could sleep on the floor!
Worst experience ever, for me and my family.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Unwillingness of staff to help
  • Stayed April 2008
1 Thank x666999
Rhode Island
Reviewed July 17, 2007

I booked our 4-night stay at this Best Western simply because it was inexpensive ($71 a night on Expedia) and close to friends and family. We were very pleasantly surprised by the room; while the description did say that the room had a jacuzzi tub, we were expecting a small one in the bathroom. Instead, the king room had an enormous 2-3 person whirlpool in the middle of the room with mirrors on two sides. A little cheezy, maybe, but a nice way to end a busy day.

The hotel is slightly dated, but management has made every effort to keep it clean and well-staffed. The continental breakfast is a step above; one morning we were treated to fresh waffles, which is a big difference from the usual stale muffins and old coffee at most hotels.

For the price, this can't be beat. It is convenient to metro Detroit while still in a very safe and clean area, with shopping and restaurants nearby. I would recommend it for couples looking for a nice getaway without a five-star price. It's not a honeymoon suite, but a cut above what I would have expected.

• Liked — The whirlpool
  • Disliked — A/C wasn't easy to control
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cora23
michigan
Reviewed June 30, 2007

I'll start by saying my husband and I came here for the large in room hot tub. It looked great, clean, surrounded by mirrors, and did I mention large. I lit candles, brought a CD player and turned on some romantic music and started filling the tub. When the water was above the jets we turned them on (as per the directions on the wall) and low and behold gunk blew out of the jets into the water...GROSS. So needless to say we didn't use the hot tub. The shower was our next option and I'll try to attach a picture of the MILDEW in there... YUCK. The screen was missing in our window so we couldn't open it for fresh air or our room would no doubt fill with bugs, not to metion the safety issue. All in all our stay was a real disappointment. The continental breakfast was just OK, but probably the best part of our visit. I politely complained at checkout and was credited $20.00. But our romanic get-a-way was a total bust.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — not able to enjoy the room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ll__kit_kat__ll
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2006

I stay here a few times a year when visiting area, decent rooms, clean, usual breakfast at BW. LOcation is handy.

• Disliked — Computer access in lobby for guests always seems down.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family