“Renovations not foretold.”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Tulsa
“Renovations not foretold.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was under going renovation. Had I known we would experience dingy lobbies, halls and bumpy carpets, I might have chosen to stay else where. It took three attempts and different workers to get a room lamp. The carpeting was so bad it was difficult to roll suitcases.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank 714Mary155

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was clean, but the they were in the middle of doing some renovations and changing things over to SMOKE FREE. Unfortunately, it was not very smoke on the end my room was located and as a result my son and I woke up very ill and suffering with allergies. When I complained to the front the desk, they offered to move my room.
The toilet ran very loudly OFF AND ON throughout our stay,
Because there was such a LARGE group staying there, the hotel ran out of extra towels and bed linen. When expecting large large groups, please be prepared to accomodate the extras.
Most of the hotel staff was friendly and courteous, esp the housekeeping staff. In the beginning, Marissa had a bit of an attitude and her answer to everything was "NO" but things got better with her as my week progressed.
Complimentary breakfast was ok. Nothing to write home about, but my kids loved the waffles. I enjoyed have coffee and tea.
Swimming pool was a plus! BUT NO LAUNDRY ROOM!
Location was nice. Right off freeway and close to food and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that freshly renovated if you are allergic to smoke.
Harrison, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great Family running this location - very caring and accommodating. I look forward to staying again after the interior improvements are done. The new wallpaper really brightens the place and I'm looking forward to the new carpet. My wife really enjoyed the outdoor pool and the beautiful flowers.

1 Thank David K
Lexington
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was obviously in the middle of redoing rooms, and floors. I would imagine that tje place will rank among the best in its class when this is all done. A ggod location for college or flight related needs. Its also next to Red Robin and across the stree from a mall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Howell
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel was reasonably priced. Room was clean and comfortable. I thought the front desk employees were very friendly and offered great service. Morning breakfast selection was awesome. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Naperville, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. The only downside is that the hotel is currently being renovated. Once the renovation is complete, it will be an excellent hotel. It is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping centers, and easily accessible to the highway.

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although the initial clerk recognized me as a rewards member and gave me an upgrade without asking, that's where the positive stopped. The ventilator fan would not stop and they never even acknowledged my request. Further, the night auditor went in to my bank account at 4:22 am and drained it dry. At first the clerk I talked to denied it since the auditor input it to my bank as Best Western Laurel Park ATM withdrawl and she said their ATM was broken and in for repair and tersely insisted it was my bank error. I have TD Bank which has 24/7 human service. I called them and they said although it was input with that title it was not an ATM transaction but something the hotel input directly using that explanation. I had the bank on the line and the hotel finally had to admit their clerk did it. I tried to file a police report but the hotel clerk talked the police out of it assuring them they would get it taken care of and they didn't want it to go against their employee. Their other employee reversed all the charges and then input debit charges again for the cost of the room. This doubled the problem since debit show up immediately and credits take four business days. Note: none of this was printed out on the hotel bill for my stay. I only found out about it because I monitor my bank account. The hotel is clean and safe but customer service is almost nonexistent. Another customer who was Asian checking out at the same time I did requested a feedback form because she requested a nonsmoking room and her room stank. She was told they did not have such a form and had no idea who she could talk to. I gave her BW Customer Service info and phone number. Be cautious if you stay here! I am back from my trip and it is still not resolved although BW customer Service is working on it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have the sprinkler system pounding on your window at 5:40 am. Rooms with a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family