“Don't stay here”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Houston, Texas, United States
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Old, even though it is non smoking now......the room we had was terribly smked up. Worried about the cleanliness....shower current was sour......hair dryer had been stolen and not replaced. The grounds were dirty.

Room Tip: Just do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beth W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is very old and needs some updating in the rooms. There was a mouse in the food area and the owner stated that he kills them with bleach. Inhumane!! We were not able to cancel our room after a tournament schedule was changed and it was only 20 minutes after a normal late check out. We were not offered a credit we were told that they don't check out rooms until 7 pm and that is why we were charged, doesn't seem like that was our problem. We as a travel baseball team will never stay at that Best Western again. We travel a lot and try to get the best value and the Best Western of Livonia was not it.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn across the street
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Christine B
Reviewed June 21, 2012

here do I start?... My boyfriend and I stayed in the hotel for two nights and from the minute we walked into our room it was a horrible experience. The room had a stench when we first walked in that did not go away the entire time we were there. The sheets were not clean and had cigarette burn holes in them. The bathroom was disgusting! It was not cleaned at all and the toilet had pee all over it. What really pushed us over the edge, and was the cherry on top of our great stay was when we found a roach in the bathroom. We called the front desk and voiced our complaints and they did not care to do anything for us. They told us that they would need proof of the roach that we found in the bathroom, therefore we had to keep it under a cup in our bathroom for our whole stay, since they never sent anyone up to take care of it like they said they would. Our stay at the Best Western was definitely the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel,and we will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Lulu731
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The location is not that great. This was my second and last stay at Best Western. First time the room was dirty and staff unfriendly, I gave it a second chance. Big mistake! Bathroom was not clean, roaches in the bathroom, and the hallways and room smelled so bad that we had to keep the air on to feel like we could breathe comfortably. When I addressed a staff member about the roaches she responded with "that is because it is raining." When asked to speak to the manager his response was "you don't have roaches in your home? It is from the heat." The staff obviously does not know how to run a business. Not friendly, needs new management, needs new carpet and housekeeping who knows how to clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela A
Tampa,Fl
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in late April. I was very happy with the hotel and the great price. My room averaged about $55.00 a night including taxes. My flight arrived early in the A.M and I was very happy to be able to check in early about 11:30am. All staff I encountered were very friendly. There is a nice sized sitting area downstairs where the free breakfast was served. I did not eat breakfast so I can't comment on it but it looked good and above average for the normal free breakfast. I did take advantage of the free coffee daily. There is also 2 computers downstairs hooked up to printers which were helpful as I had some tickets I needed to print from stubhub. 1 of the evenings I arrived back to the hotel early and there was several food items set up for guests to enjoy including sub sandwiches,various chips and doritos and various desserts. A very nice touch. I stayed on the 2nd floor and the room was very nice. Recently remodeled and looked good. Very clean and the housekeeping staff even left a note welcoming me and 2 bottles of water and a granola bar. A very nice touch as well. The room had standard amenities, coffee maker,microwave,mini fridge.Tv had approx 20-30 channels. Only negative was the beds were not that comfortable. Very stiff however I did sleep well and found the rooms to be very quiet. I would definitely stay here again on a return trip. Also it is and easy drive, about 20-25 minutes to reach downtown Detroit. I went to several Tigers games while staying here and it was a simple trip there and back each day. Also an easy 20-25 minute drive to the airport DTW.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just spent a long weekend there with friends and it was one of the best travel experiences I've had in a long time. While this is not a fancy, upscale, everything included hotel (i.e. no 47" flat screen TV's with 200 channels), it is a bargain for what you get. Rooms were cleaned impeccably every day. The staff was courteous and friendly. And the beds were wonderfully firm. The location is very convenient to a wide variety of dining and shopping experiences and is just off a major freeway. This is going to become my home away from home for all future trips to the area.

My only complaint is that our room was at the far end of the building so taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi was difficult as we were so far away from the router that we couldn't get a good signal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The staff made this a stand-out--from the new and eager-to-please evening clerk, to the morning clerk who printed out some essential files for me when the lobby computers were down, to the housekeeper who cheerfully refreshed my room despite having to work long hours overtime. The hotel had been completely full the night before my arrival--an event of some sort--and all staff members, especially the housekeepers, were exhausted. The place did not smell as good as it looked, and the grounds needed attention, but I suspect that this was not the usual condition of the property. On another night this property might have warranted an "excellent" (for this class of accomodation) rating. The staff certainly were five star folks!

Room Tip: Some interior rooms have pleasant view of courtyard. On the far end, the view is of the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo