“Excellent Choice”

Detroit Marriott Livonia
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Reviewed April 23, 2014

First trip to Detroit in several years so I wasnt for sure what to expect. I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels so I usually stick to Marriott's. Glad I chose this hotel. Their hotel shuttle service took me to and from our Livonia offices each day. The room was typical Marriott, but the staff took the hotel over the top. The restaurant in the hotel had a wonderful breakfast buffet and the evening bartender was a hoot. Highly recommend this hotel if your visiiting Livonia.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the higher levels. Nicer views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Good evening Hope C;

As a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor with 45 reviews to date, you understand the value and importance of TripAdvisor. Thank you for providing us with a personal perspective of your experiences while at our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. You mentioned different services such as our local shuttle service, and highlighted our bartender (Bridgette) who is often the recipient of many positive guest reviews. We hope to have the pleasure of your company in the future.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott.

There are newer reviews for Detroit Marriott Livonia

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The exterior as well as the interior of the hotel need a bit of updating… was there for 2 nights for a business training… they had the room ready when i need to check in earlier and allowed late check out too… the lobby is kinda small and chaotic… room service is a bit late, i went back to my room around 1pm and it's still not been tidy up yet… room is clean and has instant starbucks coffee..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cakewalk2011
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your honest assessment of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. While although you mentioned many nice features such as the room is clean, and we offered both early check-in and check-out without additional fees, we unfortunately did not "wow" you. We have recently undergone a complete guestroom renovation as well as a lobby refresh and will soon be working on our outside landscaping which will create a much warmer welcome upon arrival. We continue to strive to delight and surprise our guests and appreciate your candor as it helps us to imporve. Thank you once again.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

A very nice hotel. Clean and very friendly staff. I had a huge problem the first night and considered leaving, however they went out of their way to make it right. It's not about the problem, it's how you recover from it and they did. I'll be back in Detroit in 60 days and plan to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you TripAdvisor Senior Contributor for your thoughtful review. We appreciate your understanding; while we always strive to do put our best foot forward, at times we may not meet all our guests needs initially. We are thankful you appreciated our efforts to make good. Please know we greatly value your business but more importantly your loyalty and hope to have the pleasure of serving as your host hotel when you return to the area.

With gratitude,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was attending a show across the street at the Holiday Inn and due to some reviews saying they had bed bugs there was no way I was going to stay there. So I did some research and was thankful that this hotel was right across the street. Earlier in the week I had stayed at the JW Marriot in San Antonio so I was a little thrown back at the size and décor of the room but for 1/4 of the cost it was wonderful stay. My only complaint about the room would be how ungodly loud the heating and cooling system was. I am a light sleeper so the last night I was there I just turned it down to a degree above the air conditioning turning on and it didn't run but maybe once. So that was a nice strategy that I wish I had done the other night I was there. It was nice the mall was attached to the hotel. The housekeeping that I encountered where more than friendly as was the majority of the front desk. I took a taxi from the Detroit airport and cost $41 dollars to get there the front desk set up a taxi for my return and it was $60. I would rather just have had a metered taxi and saved $20. oh well.. If ever in the area for work again I would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hello and good afternoon Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor:

On behalf of the staff of the Detroit Marriott Livonia, I thank you for your thoughtful and honest assessment of our hotel. We recently completed a guestroom refresh (2012) as well as a lobby refresh (2013) and have installed new refrigerators in all guestrooms. You will be pleased to learn that we are also in the process of installing new heating and cooling units. Please know we greatly value and appreciate your patronage, but more importanty your thoughtful review as it helps us to gain the personal perspective of all our guests and respond accordingly. We appreciate!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The room was adequate, but the incredibly strong odor of some sort of deodorizer was nauseating. No window that opens to help. The smell was like being locked in a storage unit full of those strong and sickening hanging car deodorizers. It may be something they use on the carpet, but it never abated and even interfered with my sleep. It would keep me from returning. I would have informed staff, but no one was at the desk when I left the next morning.
There are also in-room AC/heat units that run periodically during the night and interrupt sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Traveler;

Thank you kindly for providing us with a personal perspective regarding your recent stay. We are saddened to learn you were not happy with your accommodations, especially regarding the odor in the guestroom. We have strict non-smoking policy and at times when this is not adhered to by a guest, when cleaned, may have left a strong odor; I want to assure you a strong fragrant odor is typically not utilized when cleaning guestrooms as this is no longer the preference (industry standard and/or guest preference). I would like to note that we are in the process up upgrading all of our individual P-TAC (AC) units which should be complete soon. We greatly apologize for any disappointment you may have justifiably felt; It is our hope that you will consider returning to our hotel with the upgrade noted.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Traveling on business. Rooms were nice. Beds were comfortable and I liked that they had a lot of pillows, all varying in firmness. No issues with the wi-fi. Hallways and maybe the lobby were both in need of an update. Towels were good and shower stall was clean. The wood on the door was pretty beaten up. Good Location. Close to expressway and places to eat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Top Contributor to TripAdvisor;
Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. We have recently renovated all our guest rooms, hallways and lobby and are thrilled you were pleased with our accommodations. Please know we greatly value your loyalty and support and hope to have the honor of servicing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is our "go to" place close to home to take a mini vacation. Always really well priced for a Marriott and you can almost always find a package that includes breakfast for 2 at Sweet Lorraine's. We like that it's attached to the mall and we can shop or see a movie or go to dinner without ever going outside. Pool area is usually busy. Management is great here. Almost always have a wedding party or group staying from their conference center, so it can be busy in the hallways, but management handles anything annoying. Love these beds and sheets. Rooms are on the smaller side for a Marriott, but still really nice. A block to the expressway. If you want to leave the hotel there are many, many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are about the same. Double rooms seem to be slightly bigger than the Kings.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Deb and Todd;
Thank you ever so much for your kind review; we are thrilled you have had a consistently good experience at our hotel and found both our service and amenities to your liking. While although we appreciate all our guests, we acknowledge that it is our regular guests who have always supported us through both good times and bad, that helped us to sustain and we are grateful for your continued loyalty and support. We are all to aware that it is of vital importance to never take for granted our regular leisure travelers. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!