“Great staff!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great staff!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I can only speak for Marriott rewards guest because I travel for work weekends this Marriott does a exceptional job at taking care of the guest. I only stay at this Marriott when I travel to Detroit area. Also great location being attached to a large mall. Close to a number of good restaurants within a few miles.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank yahoo2222
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello St. Paul Minnesota!

Thank you for taking the time to post your impression of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you found our staff does an exceptional job of taking care of the guests and I will be sure to pass along your comments during our weekly Guest Satisfaction Review Meeting. We work hard to ensure that both our leisure and business travelers have a positive experience when at our hotel, and as we are going though an extensive guest room renovation we are on high alert to go above and beyond.

Thank you once again for recognizing our efforts as well as our unique attributes (attached to the mall, good restaurants). Please know we greatly value your thoughts and opinions and are honored to be considered your host hotel when traveling to the area.

In appreciation,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights while attending the Michigan-Illinois football game. Our stay was ok at best & this hotel definitely needs updating. The location is great for shopping, restaurants, gas stations & grocery stores. You can't beat the location & it is very accessible to the interstate.

The staff was very polite & professional, which makes a big difference to me. The one main complaint I have with this hotel is that when we checked in, there were all kinds of open boxes laying in the hallway of the floor we were staying on. I noticed that they were renovating some of the rooms next to ours, but nothing was said to us about that when checking it. The renovation of these rooms started early Saturday & Sunday morning, which made it hard to sleep in with all the noise! I'm a loyal & diehard Marriott fan, plus a Marriott Reward Elite member, but I found this very annoying & will probably pick another Marriott property when we return next month.

• Stayed October 2012
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello and Good Afternoon;

Thank you for taking the time to write a candid review of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. We are pleased that you found our staff to be polite and professional but are deeply sorry and disappointed to learn that you were not informed of our guest renovation. We have worked hard at maintaining positive service scores throughout our renovation schedule and post renovation notes throughout the hotel but unfortunately we neglected to inform you personally which is a must. Please know your remarks have already been shared with our entire team and we will hope once the renovation is complete this December you will consider giving us another try.

Our sincere apologies,

Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed just 1 night at the Detroit Marriott Livonia for a short buisness trip. While I must say the staff were courteous and the location convenient, the room and amenities were a bit lacking. There was evidence that this may be about to change as it appeared that the rooms on the highest floor were beginning some sort of renovation, which is what the entire hotel sorely needs. You can tell from the outside the hotel has been there a long time. While it was not a personal inconvenience to me on such a short stay, obvious things like ice machines that didn't work (I should have taken a picture, they had been broken so long there were signs placed on them by management offering to bring ice to your room if you called down for it haha!), lack of electrical outlets near the beds (I had to unplug the clock to charge my cell phone conveniently), and the saddest little square mini-fridge I have ever seen -- sitting not in any of the furniture but by itself over on the rug right out in the middle of the floor. For Marriott frequent travelers it was also noteworthy that while they do have a concierge lounge, it is spartan and small, just enough to satisfy the most basic requirements of a Marriott branded hotel

Again the plusses: convenient location, next to a shopping mall with restaurants and shopping literally a walk away. Helpful staff (my TV wasn't working and they sent an engineer up who was able to take the wires apart and fix it quickly) that seemed eager to please.

I'm not in Detroit often but I would actually give his hotel another try just to see if the renovation improves the overall experience in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello and thank you kindly for your candid response.

We truly value all our guests thoughts and impressions and your comments were very much appreciated. Regarding our guestrooms; your perception that this may soon change was very accurate as we are in the midst of a 1.2 million dollar guestroom renovation and are confident that this would improve your feeling that the hotel is tired. We recognize that not only providing an updated fresh environment is important but in addition we firmly believe that treating our guests to the best of service is key. We continually strive to do more better and are thrilled you acknowledged friendly, interested and responsive staff. We review all our TripAdvisor, Marriott and Ecommerce reviews and will be sure to utilize your review to meet our goal of doing more better. Please know we greatly value your patronage and would be honored to be your host hotel again when in the area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott for two nights and I enjoyed my stay. I usually don't write reviews, but seeing several negative reviews prompted me to write an objective review. I'm slightly germophobic but the room was to my liking and the house keeping staff did a great job freshening my room the second day. Breakfast was good and the price was reasonable and the staff were friendly but not over the top. All in all, this Marriott fit my need and I am one satisfied guest.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello and good afternoon:

On behalf of the staff of the Detroit Marriott Livonia, we would like to express our utmost gratitude for your candid and kind review of our hotel. As we are currently near completion of an extensive guest room renovation to highlight that the room was to your liking and our housekeeping staff met your needs was most appreciated and will be shared with the team. Please know we greatly value all our guests comments and concerns and value your time in putting thoughts to keyboard.

Thank you once again.

New Jersey
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here two nights last week for a conference. Its a clean hotel and was being renovated floor by floor. It was not noticeable to me and there was no noise. The hotel is attached to a mall which offered a few restaurant choices as well as a few choices nearby.

Standard Marriott in a good Detroit/Ann Arbor location. Its about 30 minutes from Detroit Metro Airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello and thank you! We are truly appreciative for your thoughtful and kind review of our hotel. As a team we are working diligently to provide a clean and quiet environment while we complete our guest room renovation and your positive review exemplifies that we are meeting this expectation. We anticipate being done with our renovation by the end of October 2012 and hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us once again in the near future. Please know we greatly value your loyalty and support.

With gratitude,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is clean, cheerful, quiet, and in need of nothing. The rooms and bath are of a nice size,well lit, comfortable bed, flat screen TV with a laminated sheet showing which channels are where, a clock that you can actually see with the correct time and lots of outlets. My breakfast was included in my weekend visit and it was a full hot buffet with an omelet station. A nice surprise. Good gym and attractive indoor pool. Two wedding parties were staying at the hotel so it was busy, but the front desk staff were excellent and unrushed. They arranged for my transportation back to the airport with no problems. Kudos to Alex. Next store to a large shopping mall, near to very good restaurants, all in all, this was one of the better Marriotts. Would not hesitate to stay the next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for your candid and positive review of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. We take pride is providing the best of service and accommodations and it is our guests who take the time to put their thoughts and impressions in verbal and written format who help us to achieve this distinction. Please know we want to express our utmost gratitude for helping us to do more better.

In appreciation,

East Coast
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis and will continue to choose this location over the many available in this area. The rooms are nice, after the renovations underway it will be even nicer. The concierge lounge has good selection, rarely do I need to get dinner out. The gym is a decent size with nice equipment and the staff has always been very positive and helpful.

Being connected to a safe and somewhat higher end mall is really a plus especially in the winter if you want to just get a little walk in and maybe simply walk out for dinner or browse some stores, etc.. Nearby are many stores and restaurants as well and is convenient to the major freeways.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Caffeinated
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear "Caffeinated East Coast";
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a well thought review of our hotel. We truly value our guests opinions and our guest reviews along with our Marriott Guest Satisfaction Surveys are excellent tools for us to learn more about your needs. We are thrilled to be in the midst of a guestroom renovation and are thankful you still feel positively about our hotel during this transition. Please know we are greatly honored to be your host hotel when in the area and are truly appreciative for your loyalty and support.

Danielle Bastianelli

PS: I am not sure if you are aware but there is also a newly renovated movie theatre right behind our hotel (Phoenix Theatre). A nice upscale theatre mid in size and well managed. Hopefully you can take advantage of this local offering when you have a free evening from work.