“Great Convention Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Livonia
North Carolina
“Great Convention Hotel”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed for the 2011 Grant a Wish Barbie Convention.

Good hotel. Plenty of room and clean.

Staff was nice enough to find an item I left behind. It was a shirt that meant a lot to me. The hotel mailed it promptly at no charge. Thanks!

Only thing I think could be improved is the hotel's lack of guest information telling the services available and how to obtain them. Another guest also had the same issue so it wasn't just a lost book in our room.

You need to know what the hotel offers so you can request it. Nothing is offered up front.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you kindly for your positive remarks regarding your stay with us during the Annual Grant A Wish Conference. We have been very honored to have been selected as the host hotel for this important event for many many years. We strive ever year to go above and beyond or our GAW friends and always wish for a fresh, positive and great customer experience. Your recommendation for a directory that offers information regarding the hotels total service and amenities as well as area services is certainly an important recommendation and one I will be sure to pass along to our General Manager.

Thank you once again; we hope to have the pleasure of your patronage for GAW 2012!

Danielle Bastianelli
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
atlanta, ga
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Loved how the fan setting worked without shutting off. The bed was super comfortable. This hotel is attached to a mall so I didn't have to walk outside in the cold, snowy weather. I would be happy to stay here anytime.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you kindly for your positive response to our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. We are honored for your patronage and glad to learn you enjoyed your stay. More importantly we appreciate your having taken the time to tell us how you felt about your stay; we value all our customers thoughts and opinions, after all they help us to better serve you, our guest. Thank you once again for your promotion, enthusiasm and kind words. We would be honored to have you stay with us once again.

Sincerely, Danielle Bastianelli, Director of Sales & Marketing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed one night in July 2010 and found staff to be very accomodating, friendly, and professional. Room was clean and quiet, but cramped. I had a refrigerator in my room, so bonus points for that. Room service was also delicious and very fast. My only complaint would be that my room felt very small and cramped - I had a room with a king bed and it took up half the room. I'd consider staying again, but in a room with two queen beds.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Hello and good afternoon;

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for making sure to respond to TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia, especially as your stay was quite some time ago. We greatly value our loyal customers thoughts and impressions regarding our service and amenities; after all it is what makes us strive to continue to improve and do more to meet our customers needs. While although it is unfortunate that you were not pleased with the size of your guestrooms I am happy to learn that you felt our hotel was of good value, scored high on cleanliness and service, with positive remarks for our Sweet Lorraine's restaurant. We would welcome greatly your return; and I would like to recommend that you request a corner room or perhaps one of our corner double double guestrooms as they tend to be quite generous. Thank you again for your insight and willingness to share your thoughts. Respectively, Danielle Bastianelli, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Harrison Twp, Mi
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This was the 2nd year my wife and I have spent New Years Eve at the Livonia Marriott. And once again the establishment didn't disappoint. Early check-in was a breeze with the professional staff, we had a beautiful room on the 6th floor overlooking 6 mile road. The room was spacious and had all the amenities needed for an overnight stay. We spent the afternoon shopping at the attached Laurel Park Place Mall. Then a pre-dinner soak in the hotel's hot tub which was at the perfect temperature. The included dinner at Sweet Lorraines was out of this world as was the included breakfast buffet. The hotel was packed full and everyone was naturally in a party mood. Of course there was some noise at midnight but that just added to the festivities. We can't wait until next year to spend another New Years Eve with the staff and guests of the Livonia Marriott!

My wife reminded me: The beds were the most comfortable we've ever slept in; she wondered if we could've snuck one by the front desk staff!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jeffrey G
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Hello and good afternoonn;

The Detroit Marriott Livonia can't begin to thank you enough for your consistent support and enthusiastic review of our hotel. We are very grateful for your positive remarks, and while although your stay was during one of our busiest days annually, we are pleased to hear it was once again a positive experience. Please know we recognize the significant value of your patronage and know that it is with our regular guests that we continue to sustain and strive to do better. It would be my pleasure to meet you both during your next stay and extend our sincere gratitude personally. With utmost regard and appreciation, Danielle Bastianelli, Director of Sales & Marketing
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Was in town for a reunion and stayed two nights at the Livonia Marriott., which is located right off 275 and 6 mile.

Check-in / out - quick and easy, staff were helpful in getting me on-line in the lobby as that's the only free hot spot.

Room - I had a single King, and the room was rather small, but I didn't spend a whole lot of time in it so that didn't really matter. If I has another person with me it may have been a little tight. Nice TV and plenty of channels, lots of hook-ups for computers and such - $10 a day charge though, I liked the targeted reading lamps built into the head board. The bathroom was small but serviceable. It had a wide spray shower with good pressure and heat, nice amenities and decent towels. The sink is inside the bathroom which is okay for me solo, but I like it outside if I'm traveling with spouse. The room was clean.

Hotel Services - I used the gym, which was nice and the hot tub which had good heat but my suit still smells like chlorine even after I washed it. I didn't use the pool but it's a good size one. The hotel is attached to a mall, and that was awesome as there are a number of restaurants in the mall besides some decent stores, including a walk-in massage place where I had a great 20 minute chair massage. There are also a number of other stores and restaurants within easy walking distance. Our reunion was right in the hotel and it was a very nice event with good food and service throughout the evening.

I would certainly recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thank you for your review of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. Your evaluation of our hotel was very thoughtful and informative, honest and yet not over inflated, and we are so grateful for your personal insight and positive promotion. We continually strive to meet our guests ever changing needs and work diligently to provide a clean, safe, warm and inviting atmosphere. Please know we value your patronage and hope to have the pleasure of your company in the coming future. With regard, Danielle Bastianelli, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Hartland
Reviewed October 9, 2010

we love to stay there when we need a night out away from all the drama of life,, our room is so clean and warm feeling and very quiet surrounding and bed is the best , soft and cozy with the comforters and mattress,, we get in our room and lay down ,, we are finished for the evening,, we fall asleep right away and do not want to move out of our room,, never had such a great experience of great comfortable bed as this one,, my # 1 hotel of comfort of sleeping and warm surrounding of a hotel,, connected to a mall so, you can shop and enjoy our evening of relaxing in a great surrounding of placing to eat and relax and you do not have to leave the building,, love it,, and more should know about it,, thanks for the great experience and will be back,, for more,,

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear "Hartland";

Thank you kindly for your positive recommendation of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. We are pleased to hear you find our hotel to be the perfect setting for that peaceful getaway. Please know we value your loyalty and patronage, as it is with our regular customers, such as yourself that we continue to strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience. With deepest gratitude, Danielle Bastianelli / Director of Sales & Marketing
Delta Junction, AK
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed here as guests for a wedding. The hotel was clean, the beds were plush and comfy. We pre-ordered room service for breakfast, and the food was delivered at the time we requested it. The hotel is attached to a shopping mall and there are several good restaurants in close proximity. My only complaint was that you had to pay $9.95 for internet service in your room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin K
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Hello and good afternoon;

Thank you kindly for your positive remarks regarding our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. We appreciate your candor and are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Having traveled with children myself it is often difficult to find a hotel with "options" and we hope that our location, level of service and amenities were able to provide you with this need. We would be honored to be selected as your Livonia hotel when visiting family and friends.

With our sincere gratitude,