“You need to stay here!”

Comfort Inn Livonia
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Livonia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were in town for my father-in-law's funeral. We arrived at this hotel about 6pm March 10. We were greeted by Delano. This young man needs to be cloned! He made us feel as if we were coming home. Very friendly, very happy. He obviously enjoys his job. Our stay here was exceptional. Breakfast was great. But Delano set the tone for our stay. Thank you for hiring this wonderful young man. You need a Delano in every one of your hotels.

Room Tip: Beds were very comfortable. My husband has back problems and he slept like a baby.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Pam,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your kind words. Our staff take great pride in delivering the best overall hotel experience to each of our guests and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Delano. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My family took 3 rooms for a weekend trip to the area and had a fine experience with the hotel. Staff was nice and quirky. Very friendly and hospitable. The complimentary breakfast had a great variety. Everything was fresh and delicious. I only had two concerns. The water was extremely hard and cloudy - white almost like paint water. I didn't want to drink it. Of course this could be common for the area and I just wouldn't know being from New Jersey. Also, another guest's car was broken into while we were there. Quite possibly an isolated incident, but I thought it was worth mentioning regardless. One might consider parking close to the entrance if they have an older vehicle with no alarm system.
All in all, we were pleased with the service, slept well, and the carpet didn't turn my white socks brown. We will be staying here again on our next trip out to the Detroit area.

• Stayed: March 2013

The hotel management and staff would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The staff and management work diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience; we are very pleased to know that each of your 3 rooms enjoyed their stay. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Detroit area.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed 1 night in March 2013, and were very satisfied. The place must have been remodeled recently (within the past 2-3 years?), because fixtures, furniture and even the carpet seemed relatively new. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was of quality common for these circumstances. They had hot food of scrambled eggs, sausage patties and waffles and, for folks like me who prefer to pass on those, they have yogurt, cold cereal and fruit. I was concerned about stale smoke smell in the room, based on other reviews, but ours was fine - no noticeable smell, smoke or otherwise. My biggest critiques are very minor - bathroom door that wouldn't latch (OK for my wife and I, but could be uncomfortable for others), and a burned-out light bulb in a bed-side lamp.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will be certain to pass on your kind words to the hotel management and staff. We look forward to your next stay with us when traveling to the Detroit area.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My spouse and I had to live at this comfort inn for 5 months while our home was having work done. e chose this location due to convenience. We were VERY happy there. They tried hard to make sure we were happy with our stay. Over all, I can say it was a positive experience and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyjoy1
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

The hotel management and staff would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. Five months is a long time to stay at a hotel and we are pleased to know that we were able to make it feel like home. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on New Year's eve because we didn't want to drive home after a night of partying. There was a tissue in the toilet...although the water appeared to be clean. The bathroom sink and faucet *absolutely* did not work, but there was another sink immediately outside the bathroom door which worked fine. There was no heat for nearly 30 minutes while the implement was "warming up"....and it is really cold this time of year in Michigan.

I complained to Jeanette, who was very friendly and apologetic, and she offered me another room. Just about the time I was ready to accept her offer, warm air begin to kick in, so I declined her offer.

And the good: Room was spotless. Bed was as comfortable as any I have ever slept in. Cost was slightly less than $100 including tax. Complimentary breakfast including ham, sausage and eggs along with cereal, assorted pastries and fruits. Because of the price and breakfast, I would return.

OldTOm

Room Tip: Make sure you check for heat as soon as you enter the room. From talking with Jeanette, It appears m...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The issues mentioned in your feedback have been completely resolved and we look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Detroit area.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn numerous times while working in the Livonia area, and found it very convenient for myself. The staff is cool to be around and they even made sure I got my favorite room every time I came back to stay. The rates are pretty fare and negotiable even at times. I recommend this to other workers that come into town, definitely. There's even a couple restaurants and bar that I can walk to, which is pretty nice because who wants to drive all the time. Thank you Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and appreciate your kind words. The management and staff work diligently to ensure that each of our guest's enjoy their stay and I will be certain to pass on your comments to them. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We traveled as a group of close to twenty people and checked in at different times for a two-night stay. I was greatly impressed by the help of the Assistant Manager, Brandon. This good man went over and beyond to organize for us a meeting place impromptu at no fee! I remember him telling me they're working to turn the hotel around and my little piece of advice is this: Brandon, keep going the extra mile in customer service and the business will take care of itself. The check-in process was very efficient and the crew were very bearing. There is still a few good men out there in the world.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Karuu,

We thank you for the kind words expressed regarding your stay with us and we will be sure to pass them on to Brandon. The hotel staff takes great pride in delivering exceptional customer service and we appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Livonia.