“I've heard of restaurants going downhill, this one fell off a cliff.”

Sweet Lorraine's Cafe & Bar
Ranked #17 of 274 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A seductive wine and beer list, delectable appetizers, café sandwiches and burgers, and an eclectic selection of innovative entrées are waiting for you in this casual and appealing dining establishment. Casual, Fun and Delicious.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family used to go here for our father's day brunches. Now we would much rather go to the Sweet Lorraine's in Southfield. The service was far below the expectations and the ambiance of the overflow room or Salon A as they call it was horrid. The atmosphere at my business meetings are better. I would never recommend this restaurant and would strongly advise going elsewhere.

1  Thank Laurie B

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This used to be our place of choice for Sunday brunch. In fact, it was one of my favorite restaurants in the area. However, our recent visit left me less than impressed. Sure, it had a lot of the standard brunch fare: waffles & omelets made to order, cold cuts & salads, a hot buffet, a children's station, and, of course, dessert. The food was good. Some of it was quite good, some was sub-par, but overall it was good. What was disappointing was: 1) the service, which was terrible. How hard it is to wait tables at brunch? I can answer that because I used to do it. Fill drinks, remove used plates, make sure silverware is available. Nevertheless, our waitress took forever to bring drinks & we had to flag her down to clear plates. All she could ask was "how is everything?"--that was the extent of her helpfulness. We had to request that plates be cleared & drinks be refilled. The place was NOT packed when we were there. 2) Spoons were missing at the soup station. Serving utensils needed to be replaced with clean ones since we arrived later in the service, they were messy & covered with food to the point hat it made it hard to pick up some things. Forks were missing at the dessert station. 3) The place was, well, filthy. The tops of the booths (the wood part) was sticky to the touch. The wall next to our booth needed a good scrubbing down. It was really unappetizing to look at the filth on the wall and crusted in the cushions of the booth. 4) 18% tip was included. For what? Normally, I tip generously, but I like to have the option. With a buffet, I tip slightly less (15% instead of 20%) because wait staff usually are able to cover more tables. There were only 4 of us--not a large party. Plus, the service was terrible. I would have left her 10% because she did so little but was not given the choice. Will think twice about going back here, which is a bummer since we used to love this spot.

1  Thank TheBigTrain
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The brunch here is wonderful with an upscale atmosphere ! The price is around $22 per adult. They have an omelette station where the chef cooks your very own omelette right in front of you, with a nice array of ingredients to add to your omelette. I was impressed that they had spinach and the option of egg whites as well. The waffle makers are also at the omelette station! You have to try the WAFFLES!!! They are delicious and they have a strawberry topping with whip cream! Mmmmm!!

They have a fruit and salad buffet with everything u can think of. The breakfast buffet had quiche,pork sausage, eggs, potatoes, bacon along with dinner items. I was mainly there for the breakfast items. I hope that one day they will have a choice of turkey sausage patties.

Ok, the best part is the desert table. With an array of cakes, fruit,..and for chocolate lovers...a chocolate fountain to dip whatever u want in it!! Also CHEESECAKE!!! So, I put some chocolate on my cheesecake and topped it with some sweet cinnamon coated walnuts! (You can find the walnuts on the salad table or the waitress will get some for you) so delicious! Also they have a bar and they make mimosa for you, which is not included in the brunch price, but is so good! On the other hand, if u just want a tasty drink try the fruity flavored lemonades! They have peach, raspberry, and strawberry. You have to try them mixed! The flavors are soon fruity!

Well I hope this review was enough for you to make an informed decision. Me and my friends have made this our "once a month" Brunch spot on Sundays! Thanks and enjoy your visit!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Love eating here, always good and well prepared natural foods. Great service with a smile and always fun to be there.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate here for breakfast and found it to be a good value with good food and service.

The food was fresh and hot, and our server was very attentive.