“Great food”

Thomas's Family Dining
Ranked #8 of 268 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Michigan
“Great food”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

If you fill out the card you'll get a good deal for your birthday by email, plenty of food and enough to take home for another meal, worth the cost. A nice touch is the free birthday cupcake with no fanfare or silliness, I prefer that. Wait staff can be a little "rough" as in too relaxed in their language. All in all a nice place to eat, always busy too.

1 Thank americanhistorybuff

Pinckney, Michigan
“Very nice”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday at around 4:30 pm. We were impressed with the looks of the place inside and out.
We were greeted by the manager who seemed to know a lot of the people by name. He seated us and our server brought us water and a basket with bread sticks and bread.
I had a burger and fries and my wife had a Slim Jim and fries. Both were very good and the fries were excellent! Our server was very good and made sure we didn't need anything during our meal.

• Visited July 2012
“Unsanitary serving procedures!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Took Mom there for breakfast on Mothers Day and sat where we had a clear view of the kitchen prep area. The bacon and sausage are cooked in advance and piled on plates and I can understand that, given how busy they were. What horified me, however, was when we witnessed the servers grabbing the bacon and putting it on their customers' plates--with their bare hands!! No tongs, no gloves-and one waitress was running her hands thru her hair and then went into the kitchen. We didn't finish our meal. We will not go back.

2 Thank Pearlrogers
Northville, Michigan
“Owner/manager was so rude...”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We went to dinner with a large group of people. They do not take reservations, but I let them know we would have a large group and our approximate arrival time out of courtesy. They asked us to call about an hour before and they would start to set things up for us. We called, everything was fine. When we arrived the were setting our table up, but we were split into 2 groups. Not a huge deal for us, but I asked why because I did everthing they asked. She (owner/manager) then lectured me that they had held our table for 2 hours and was there to make money not wait around for customers who don't show up. I apologized if there was some misunderstanding on my part and reviewed what the hostess had asked me to do. She continued to lecture me. I just walked away seeing I was not getting anywhere.

Our table service wad fantastic, food was great, and quick! Too bad the nice waitresses have to work for a cranky owner like that.

Livonia, Michigan
“Good place for family dinner”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Second time at restaurant. Good polish food selections. Son enjoyed the chopped steak dinner. Beer and wine available. Wife had a chef salad so big she could not finish. Later at home, it was still very good. It won't be the dining experience you will rave about to friends, but pretty good.

• Visited February 2012

Been to Thomas's Family Dining? Share your experiences!