“I know some restaurants that shop here!”

Cantoro Italian Market
Ranked #10 of 270 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Livonia, Michigan
“I know some restaurants that shop here!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Authentic Italian market, and everything that goes along with that. My favorite thing here is the sun dried tomato basil bread. I cannot always find it because they sell out, often. Area restaurants often shop here. It is that good. Fresh pasta and deli items, as well.
James

Visited March 2013
1 Thank attyjpf

Redford, MI
“Molto bene!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My grandmother (who is Italian and is a caterer) lives near Lakeside Mall and does most of her shopping at Vince & Joe's on Garfield near 19 Mile Road. Well, that's a long haul for me to go to an Italian market, and I was VERY pleased when a friend told me about Cantoro's Market. Now I have an Italian market 10 minutes away!

Cantoro is tucked away in a small shop across the street from Belle Tire near what used to be Livonia Mall. You have to get there early or else you may not get a parking spot! The market itself is somewhat small and is not designed to be aesthetically pleasing, but you're not going there for atmosphere -- you're going to find Italian food and ingredients that you want! On this issue, Cantoro knocks it out of the park.

Cantoro has its own deli and its own bakery, both of which put out first rate products. The variety is amazing considering the front of the store is maybe 600 square feet. I have had no problem finding any smoked meats, cheeses, breads, or pastas I might need at Cantoro. It's also the only place around where I've been able to find Pomodoro tomatoes. A lot of students at Clarenceville High School walk there during their lunch hour to get sandwiches, which are reasonably priced and DELICIOUS!!!

Cantoro also has a wide variety of Italian wine, more types of olive oil than I knew ever existed, balsamic vinegar, and even some pre-made, pre-frozen varieties of pasta like ravioli (VERY handy in a pinch). Everyone who works there treats you like family, and it seems like everyone right down to the cashiers up front is happy to be there. That really makes your shopping experience special.

Cantoro is definitely dynamite in a small package. I just wish they'd expand!!!

Visited December 2011